[2] I’m Just Here.. Gif-ing.

Hi there lurkers, readers, peers, wanderers, the professor- bah I want be unique so I’ll address whoever see these as Reader or Wanderer- just to be different! I’ll probably forget to do that.. welp! 

What did you think on the first day of the CT101? Did you like hearing about the course and its creative content? How did it make you feel?

On the first day of CT101, I was a bit- or a lot.. nervous (as I am with the first day of any class honestly). While searching for a class to enroll into, I was told by a peer that this class make blog posts on a website and my immediate thought was “Cool! I do that often enough!” But then reality came crashing down on me and I realized that I may have quotas or word counts involved. (Hoo boy not the word counts!) But after a few minutes of listening to what the professor had to say I honestly thought “Wow this guy is pretty chill!” After taking creative writing last semester, I’m excited to be able to write freely and expressively, plus the addition of using gifs and other tools from the web like Giphy and Imgur is going to make posting very dynamic. So I think this class is going to be very fun!

How does CT101 compare to some of your other classes?

Last semester I took ENG286 aka creative writing, so I feel like I’ll be able to have the same freedom to write how I feel for the most part hopefully. Compared to most classes that I have now– I am surprised this is a question because it is like night and day! I have more breathing room with the way I’d like to write and express how I feel. You can’t really do that with other classes right? Academic writing has to be formal.. and there’s word counts.. and it isn’t easy. This class has the advantage of being digital as well, so it feels like a whole different world compared to my other classes.

What are the potentials of this class? How do you feel about learning new skills that use Internet tools?

I feel that this class has the potential to bring out the inner journalists in us- or the inner blogger that we may have inside- honestly I don’t know the word that can fit what I am trying to say. But I feel that this class can allow us to open our minds more to different possibilities. Being in school for so long I think over time we lose that sense of creativity- or maybe I am overthinking it and I am just crazy, or am I just projecting..? Nevermind. Besides that, I think learning new tools on the internet can also help us unlock a greater potential in this class. The internet is such an important resource in this day and age that I think it will help us all grow in the long run. Its fun and easy to use and can be applied in a lot of places.

Fun fact: I didn’t know gif meant Graphics Interchange Format until.. five minutes ago!. Thanks for reading, Readers!

5 thoughts on “[2] I’m Just Here.. Gif-ing.”

1. Looking good!
    Really love the descriptive narration and curation of GIFS!
    Yes, our class is full of many opportunities to explore our creativity whilst learning new skills!
    Digital tools, especially – but I am happy to know that you are enjoying the class so far!
    Much more to come!

2. Hey Sandra! I can relate to your thoughts on word count. It’s either too far a goal to reach or too little. Love your last gif! I never knew the Rock and Pee-Wee Herman met.