Assigment #3 Are Memes art?

Memes can be art. Since art is defined as a way to express emotion no matter what the medium is. Memes can be used to express emotion whether it’s happiness, frustration, sadness, and so on.

According to Harvard Crimson art is defined as anything that has symbolic meaning. Even if a meme doesn’t explicitly tell you as the viewer you can understand the emotion that the meme is trying to convey.

On artzealous.com an artist by the name of Kash Jordan has been trying to bring memes into the art world. He has curated art exhibitions with his memes. Both of his art shows showcased memes from different artists from Instagram meme makers to digital art.

View post on imgur.com

Memes can be used for storytelling. For example the meme I made above using imgur. It tells the story of what happens when the professor asks what you think about CT 101 and you respond by calling it boring. The meme has a clear beginning, middle, and end.

This is one of the first memes I remember. It came from the comedian Kevin Hart’s standup special laugh at my pain. I remember people using this reaction whenever someone said anything outrageous. It is also one of my favorites.

View post on imgur.com

This is another meme I made using Imgur. I found imgur to be easy to use but it does crash a lot. As for my other two favorite memes.

This is another one of my favorite memes. It comes from the real housewives of Atlanta. This meme came out in 2017. It can be used in many different scenarios like when someone accuses you of saying something you didn’t say like I thought you were paying the bill this time.

This is also a favorite of mine. It can be used to poke fun at something like how people spell gif.

3 thoughts on “Assigment #3 Are Memes art?”

1. Looking good!
    Meme are art!
    Love that Kevin Hart Meme, sooo true!
    Love that definition hyperlink!
    Links!
    “Artists gonna Art!”
    Nice, Kash Jordan reference!
    You get to use memes in class! Indeed!
    Good work and nice flow to your written words, lets get a video or two embedded into this too!
    🙂