Assignment #1: What makes you happy on the internet?

THE MET BALL: COSTUME INSTITUTE BENEFIT 2021  

I am going to be very transparent with you all. I LOVE FASHION. This week I spent too much time refreshing my phone with anticipation waiting for each look from this year’s costume institute gala also known as the MET Ball.The Met gala could be viewed on any digital platform, from social media to print media and of course Youtube.  The MET Ball or MET gala is originally hosted on the first Monday of may. This year the biggest night in American fashion was held on september 13,2021 due to covid-19. FortunatelyThe night was still as spectacular. For me the best part of this event is seeing guests (the individuals invited to participate at the MET gala) interpretations and execution of the theme of the gala.  The theme of this year’s ball was In America: A Lexicon of Fashion, which is meant to focus on all the emblematic figures and identity in America. 

Although some looks were a little bit odd and hard to understand…… 

(left)Image of Kim Kardashian wearing a fully covered black Suit by couture Balenciaga. 

(Right) Image of ASAP Rocky Wearing giant quilt by Eli Russell Linnetz Spring 2022 collection   

Most of the looks from that night were absolutely breathtaking and the viewers/ fans instantly understood the inspiration and appreciated the artistry of each glown/look 

(Top left ) Hailey Biber wearing black figure-hugging full length gown by Saint Laurent 

(Top Right) Amanda Gorman wearing a royal blue gown by Vera Wang. This gown was inspired by the statue of liberty 

(Bottom) Billy Eilish  wearing nude tulle gown by Oscar de la Renta 

I also love gowns/looks that create conversations and illustrate a political statement. What do you think she is advocating for?

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York wearing a custom Brother Vellies ivory wool jacket dress and the message “tax the rich” in red across her back. 

Ultimately, I believe fashion is not to be taken so seriously, it’s just fun and sparks some joy into people’s lives. Please give me your favorite look!

1 thought on “Assignment #1: What makes you happy on the internet?”

1. Great work on this!
    Great description and flow of expression!
    My suggestion would be to hyperlink to the many things that you are describing here – where does the event take place? The Met of course, they have a website for sure :)) think about also hyperlinking to some of the fashion companies mentioned as well as the people too!
    Have Fun!