Assignment #1 – What Makes You Happy on the Internet?

Happiness is something that can mean a lot of different things for our species. We derive satisfaction and pleasure from many abstract things that help us express ourselves. Something that I’ve always found satisfaction, freedom, and excitement in is skateboarding. Although it sounds simple, skating is something that teaches you many lessons in life. Ever since I was a child I viewed a skateboard as just wheels and a piece of wood. This can be said for many other innovative inventions that have changed the world for the better. I believe skating is one of those inventions. Skateboarding has such a passionate and devoted community that understand how life changing skateboarding can be. Throughout my life skateboarding has always been something I can do to free my mind, let out frustration, or socialize with people of the same interest.

One aspect of my life skateboarding has directly enhanced is my ability to persevere even when something seems impossible. Learning tricks on a skateboard is one of the most grueling and tedious feat. This allows skaters to learn the importance of perseverance even when something seems impossible. This leads to another lesson skateboarding teaches. Controlling your emotions is something everyone needs to practice to become better at in life. If everyone was having emotional outbursts our lives would be very different. The following video Discusses the topic of controlling your frustration when learning to skateboard.:

Skateboarding becomes something so emotionally attached to who you are as a person that you couldn’t imagine your entire personality without it. This is why skateboarding is something that brings me high amounts of happiness in my life. It is something that can bring me back to difficult times in my life, emotional pain I’ve overcome, and allows me to imagine my progression through skating and my progression through life as a person in general.

1 thought on “Assignment #1 – What Makes You Happy on the Internet?”

1. Good Stuff! Lets add a few GIFS and hyperlinks into this post to expand it a bit!
    I spent the years of age 10 -17 on a skateboard and it was the best of times! Powell Peralta had their squad and made great videos at the time, street skating had also blown up – https://bonesbrigade.com/
    Have fun!