Assignment 7: Whats My (domain) Name

When coming up with potential domain name ideas I considered aesthetics. I wanted something personal but, at the same time, I wanted it to be intriguing to my desired audience. 

• PresidentRoutine.com

• CareEscape.com

• FateemaA.com

• 333.com

For my website, I want my audience to experience a day in the life with me. I enjoy watching mini day in the life vlogs on Tik Tok, I guess you can say it is a guilty pleasure. I have yet to create one of my own, but  I love the idea of taking the time to do so. If you ever watch videos like these you see how aesthically pleasing they can be and it also motivates you to be productive. I think as I am in my early 20’s, I am transitioning from young-adult to I am about to be 22 and I have my sh*t together young-adult. From 18-20 I was still beginning to learn the hardships of being fully independent however,  now I am solid with my current employment, on track with my finances, with my fitness, seld-care, and my social-life. Watching day in the life videos of others who appear to be “put together” inspires me and motivates me to stay on track, so I would hope my website can  help others who desire a more organized and productive lifestyle achieve this goal. 

Some of my favorite websites/apps are Tik Tok and Youtbe. I like that Tik Tok on Tik Tok we can watch short and quick entertaining videos. The app grew quickly and  now the content can reach anyone’s likings.  I also like Youtube as I am subscribed to people who create aesthetic content. I personally like videos where people are not talking a lot, more of them putting together clips that we can peacefully watch. 

I worry however, how difficult this process might be. It is say to sit and watch videos or go on a website but truthfully, I am intimated creating one myself. I am also very specific the way I like things but at the same time ver indecisive, so I hope I am able to to meet my expectations as well as please my desired audience.

4 thoughts on “Assignment 7: Whats My (domain) Name”

1. Great work on this!
    This is a really fun post!
    I love the potential domains and the references and examples here!
    I too love, “A day in the life” types of vlogs and videos, even blog posts! I think it is a great way to help understand our behaviors, habits and also a great way to motivate ourselves and inspire others.
    I used to do this as an assignment here in CT101 waaaaaaay back before TikTok (Im just joined a month ago haha – @ryanseslow)
    A day in the Life is a fun format for a website too as it could allow for you to make those videos on Tik Tok and then cross publish the content on your website and write about it in a longer format.
    Im going to make a few now myself as you have inspired me!
    Forward we go!

2. I saw the Taylor Swift gif when I was making my post and knew I had to comment on this post! I agree with Prof. Seslow about ‘day in the life’ blogs being motivational. Who is your favorite blogger of this genre?

1. You can change the color of your text in the blogging editor – there is an icon while in edit mode of a capital letter A that is underlined – that allows you to change the color of the text. 🙂