END OF SEMESTER POST

Welp I guess its about the time guys. The end of the semester is upon us and it is time for our final posts. WHEW. Let me just start off by saying that I’m extremely thankful to Professor Ryan for recording all of the class meetings on zoom. I think I speak for us all when I say that without out them, we would all be TOAST. It helped me a lot throughout this course and kept me in the know whenever I felt like I was getting a bit confused.
Celebrity Apprentice Yes GIF
Me learning how to use software’s and applications like photopea, giphy, make a meme was an absolute blast. My absolute favorite of them all was definitely Photopea and giphy. I’ve never used photoshop before this course but its actually really intriguing and fun.

You can change so many things and put your own spins and twists on an image without even breaking a sweat. I can definitely see myself using photopea for other projects in the future. Giphy was just so much fun to use. I have always been a lover of gifs because there’s one for literally every emotion/reaction. How could you not love it?

Also I enjoyed most of all in this class is that I was able to let my sense of humor show more and put myself in a different position than I was used to. At first I was afraid that my posts wouldn’t be entertaining or thorough enough, but as time went on I got more and more comfortable and just let myself be. Not many courses out there enable their students to unleash the creative parts of themselves, and I will always remember this course for being an outlet to us.
 meme
I’m not exactly certain when I’ll need to use the skills that I learned in this class again, but one thing I do know is that I will definitely know what I’m doing . I’m sure that it’ll be way easier for me in the future.
In my humble opinion, I believe that I have earned myself a B in this course. Although I was a bit behind on a few of the blog posts, I got up, dusted my shoulders off and pushed forward the way I know how. I was determined not to disappoint myself or the professor because I actually truly enjoy this course, and wanted to prove it to myself that I could go against the tides and finish all of posts before the deadline. The passion and the drive that I put into all of my blog posts for sure earned me B.
Building my own website was an all around humbling experience. When I first heard about it in my mind I thought “It can’t be that bad right?” boy oh boy was I wrong. There’s so many things that I wanted to do that I didn’t get to execute because I was short on time and overwhelmed. Also WordPress wasn’t cooperating with me the way I needed it to so I kinda just let it do its own thing. I wanted to be very specific with the placements of everything but I was having troubles.
In all honestly I’m a tad traumatized and don’t think I will be doing  anything like this anytime soon
awkward get me out of here GIF by Talk Stoop
On a brighter note, I made the logo to my website myself using good ole photopea, and I’m extremely proud with the way it came out on the website.
The link to my website is here. I wanted it embody the look of a pocket dimension. A visualization of all my interests and my personal favorite color palettes. I wanted a general peaceful and aesthetic vibe for my website, and hopefully I was able to achieve that.

Welp folks, I guess this is the end of our time together. It’s been real *wipes tears*

1 thought on “END OF SEMESTER POST”

1. Thank you!
    Indeed indeed, toast y’all may be!
    I have enjoyed the humor in your posts and through out the class, thank you for taking the lighter side of things and applying that into your work!
    CT101 has something for everyone, it really does!
    The only thing CT101 does not do well, is things at the last minute as it can certainly sting at that point as many have discovered!
    I really appreciate your hard work and catching up!
    You took on the task of front end and system admin on your website project and made it happen!
    A big part of that project is troubleshooting and learning how to ask questions so that we can resolve them. Things get easier and more fluid with practice. So, just keep practicing, a little bit each week is all we need.
    Thank you, Sir!
    Have a great summer!
    You final grade will fall a bit higher than you thought 🙂