How can we use gifs to communicate feelings or emotions?

What is a Gif? Gifs are a great way to communicate feelings and thoughts, in a short type of video format without audio and in a low quality.

How can you transmit emotion or use Gif depends on your situation, for example I can use them to show my current state or mood, which I currently did to showing the wizard frog being sleepy and yawing because of it.

(The Gifs can’t be play on the page but if you look in the into the links you will be able to see them normally, the links are inside of the image).

Another example of Gif representing people’s feelings is in this Gif, where there is a guy waking up super confuse/surprised out of his bed, which I guess It has happened to a lot of people during their life when they wake up late.

I used more Giphy since is more full of regular and clean gifts that do not contain any text or memes, unless imgur which is full of Gifs that are memes with blank texts on top of them, I personally rather use Gif that I can look deeper into them and that are made to just watch and feel what do they have to offer you.

Questions:

What did you think on the first day of the CT101? My thoughts on my first day of school in CT101 are, that it was relaxing and surprising for me since my professor was deaf, plus I felt happy that I finally had a page to do my work, that isn’t the all reliable blackboard which I know for shutting itself down when I most need him.

Did you like hearing about the course and its creative content? How did it make you feel? Yes I do like hearing about the course and it’s content since I’m learning new things in the internet that I did not knew about in the pass, it makes me feel less nerdy or the type of dude who has to spends a lot of time in the internet because of current circumstances.

How does CT101 compare to some of your other classes? CT101 is more relaxing compare to other classes, is kind of a break that will allow you to progress with your classes and credits through the whole semester, which is a nice thing to have.

What are the potentials of this class? I guess the potential of the class are the topics of what we can speak about in any given future, for example how social media works, how influencers change people’s mind, what are the negative things of social media and how they could be fix.

How do you feel about learning new skills that use Internet tools? I personally feel great since the internet will be with us for a long time, and the more time passes the more we are going to rely on it even more than we are doing now, so I guess these new skills will help to develop any type of skills that we will probably use on our future jobs/workplace.

2 thoughts on “How can we use gifs to communicate feelings or emotions?”

1. Great work on this so far!
    I really love your descriptions and the written narrative!

However, this assignment and post is about GIFs telling the story! So, We need waaaaay more GIFs please :))
    The images that have above most certainly CAN animate in the post – all you need to do is change their size from medium to “full size” and they will animate perfectly – although I like to see how you hyperlinked the image to a custom URL as well! Clever!
    (I explained this all today in our class and recorded the process – you can see that in this post – https://ct101.commons.gc.cuny.edu/assignment-2-making-our-first-gif-gif-post-narratives/)
    As for answering the questions in the assignment, you will be adding GIFs right? Please!
    Have fun!!

2. I like your explanation of how gifs work. I also tend to use gifs alot when communicating with friends. I also hope these new skills from this class will make be a better web user.