How I chose my Domain Name

Hello CT101 Class,

When I discovered we were creating a fully functional website for this class I came to the realization that we will be using this website to reflect our own lives and experiences. This means we can take our websites in any path we want. Having this freedom means you can market yourself, create a social hub, voice your opinion.

Growing up I’ve had a growing interest in making videos and putting images, film, or music together. Something involving the creation of visually appealing things connected with me. When thinking of a domain name for my website I began imagining how I would brand myself as a creator for product videos, footage editing, or cinematography.

Instead of creating a name to brand myself I decided to create an online space where aspiring creators can share their work. The domain name I chose is “CreativesStayCurious”. This domain name was adequate for me because I am advocating the curiosity of creating things that are visually enticing. I stray from putting an emphasis on having experience because when I began I was unfamiliar with all editing interfaces that existed.

Having an online portfolio from the beginning of your creation is a privilege that many creators miss out on. This is why the starting point of making anything is so crucial. You never know how far you will go with something, looking back on your journey can help you grow as a creator and understand your attachment to your passion.

1 thought on “How I chose my Domain Name”