Assignment #2 – Making My First GIFS and Post Narrative

Cinnamoroll, my favorite Sanrio character
The history of the GIF dates all the way back to 1987, by a developer named Steve Wilhite. Users wanted to find a way to share a color image file without it taking too much of the computer’s memory. As a result, Wilhite found a solution by using a compression algorithm, along with image parameters like the number of available colors. Thus, the GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) was born and its purpose was to be able to exchange images between computers. Now, GIF plays a vital role in the internet community and can convey messages, emotions, feelings, and movement to people all over the world. I am eager to be creating my own GIFS and incorporating them into my blog post.
I created three of my own GIFS from GIPHY and included it above and below in my assignment (the first GIF at the top of the post, the one at question #3 and #5). I liked using GIPHY better than Imgur, I just think it was easier to use. One small complaint that I have is that GIPHY requires the YouTube video that you use to be 10 mins or shorter. I felt like that made it a bit more difficult for me to find the perfect video of what I needed for my response and then turn that into a GIF. Nonetheless, creating GIFS for this blog post was fun and new for me!
Assignment #2 : Making My First GIFs and GIF Post Narrative
1.) What did you think on the first day of the CT101?
I have to admit, I was very confused as to where the class was located. But on the first day of CT101, I was actually very interested and excited about learning more about this course. This class seemed very easy-going and fun at the same time. I couldn’t wait to use this class as a way to be expressive with my technological skills and interests at the same time!
2.) Did you like hearing about the course and its creative content? How did it make you feel?
I did like hearing about this course and its creative content. It made me feel really happy and relieved in a way, since all my other classes are very intense. I love blogging and to be able to incorporate GIFS, memes, images, videos are all very exciting to me.
3.) How does CT101 compare to some of your other classes so far?
CT101 is totally different from any of my other classes. Firstly, my other classes uses BlackBoard and this course does not. I like that this course has its own website and it does not has the limitations that BlackBoard does. This class does not really compare to any of my classes because this class allows me to be creative and show a bit of my personality through multimedia.
4.) What are the creative potentials of this class?
The creative potentials of this class are endless. I think this class really gives us the opportunity to be experimental with various types of media, such as creating our own GIFS, creating our own memes, and so much more.
5.) How do you feel about learning new skills that use Internet tools?

Learning new skills that use internet tools is a wonderful idea. We are in the modern age where our lives revolve around technology, so I believe that it is great that we utilize the Internet tools and learn new skills that come with it.

6 thoughts on “Assignment #2 – Making My First GIFS and Post Narrative”

1. Hello Rehaana, I see you also like Sanrio we have that in common my favorite character is Pompompurin. In my response, I forgot to include the history of GIFs but I see it’s the first thing you did in your post, I’ll make sure to correct mine. I do agree that GIPHY is way easier to use than Imgur and I do share the same complaint as well, finding perfect short YouTube clips to use in my response was also difficult.

2. Hi Rehanna. It is a given that most of the professors use Blackboard. I think the reason why they stick to it is because it is easier to have a standard for everyone to follow and the format looks what they may see is professional. That is the difference between this class and others. Not using Blackboard gives students the freedom to post the content they desire. I also like the gifs you used. They are cute, especially the drawing one.

1. Hi, Mishla. Yes, I definitely agree that most professors use Blackboard because it seems like the format might be easier for them to have students follow. However, sometimes it crashes and it can be so unbearable to use! Anyways, thanks for liking the GIFs in my post. 🙂