Assignment #4 – My Passion

Kiki’s Delivery Service (1989)

The concept of digital storytelling emerged sometime around the 1990s and it is the process in which people share stories through various multimedia, such as videos, images, GIFs, memes, audio recordings, etc. Some case study examples of digital storytelling includes Humans of New York, The New York Times, and National Geographic.

Assignment #4: Blogging About My Passion

What is a passion? According to Merriam Webster, “passion” refers to “a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement either for something or about doing something.” To many people, passion could be interpreted in different ways; maybe it’s something you would love to do for work? Or, passion could simply be the deep fondness and desire that you have for anything. Through my digital storytelling, I hope that I am able to convey what I feel about my passion.

Luma from Super Mario Galaxy

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊

One of my few passions would have to be video games. Although I have other hobbies, video games is a hobby of mine that I enjoy and would also classify it as a passion of mine. Gaming is an interest of mine because it allows me to enter a world of pure fantasy and just wind down.

I got introduced into video games since I was a little kid. When I was little, my parents bought my siblings and I a GameCube, which was our very first gaming console. That GameCube was special to the three of us (my brothers and I) because I vividly remember spending hours playing my favorite games. Not to mention, having to give my older brother the controller whenever the Boss Battle appears was a memory of mine that still clings to me. As shown in the YouTube video below, this specific boss battle from Super Mario Sunshine was so frustrating for me as a kid, it felt impossible for me to beat it.

A core memory of mine that I will never forget was when my dad surprised me with my very first gaming device, which was the Nintendo DS Lite. It was so special to me because I got to play my own video games on my own device, and it was pink of course!

Nintendo DS Lite

My favorite type of video games of all-time would have to be the Mario games. I grew up playing Mario games for most of my childhood, like Mario Party DS, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros., and my favorite ever; Super Mario Sunshine! Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite game of all time because I have so much childhood memories attached to that game. It’s a game that I find so much comfort it, despite how difficult the game could be.

‧₊˚✩彡

Piantas in Super Mario Sunshine (2002)

7 thoughts on “Assignment #4 – My Passion”

1. Nice job with this post! I am also a fan of video games, although Mario wasn’t my favorite. I was more interested in the Sonic games of 2000-2010. I had one old sonic game but it was for the gameboy and I lost it when I was younger. As far as the post, I like that you used hyperlinks throughout the post and the explanation on what passion was something I did not think of doing. One thing I would change is the paragraph about boss battles . It feels a bit long to me, so if you could split that paragraph up it would be better. Maybe you could link a video of a famous boss battle that you struggled with when you were younger.

1. Hi Terrell, it’s cool that you’re a fan of video games, too. I think I also had a Sonic game for my GameCube, but I forgot which one. Thanks for tip about the paragraph, I’ll be sure to insert a clip of a boss battle I struggled with. 😀