Assignment #6 – Semester Reflection

How am I doing in CT101?

I think that all things considered, I am not doing too badly in CT101. But I know I’m not doing the best I could be. I’m not as attentive in this class as I would like and have missed several classes. My schedule sucks, and I know that I could be doing better.

What have I learned and retained the most? / What new skills have I developed, cultivated, and displayed regularly in my weekly posts?

Some things that I’ve learned that I’m retaining is honestly just being more active on the technological and social front. I don’t really text. I don’t really blog. I don’t really talk to people that often, but now I’m doing that more, and I’ve started using Reddit because I’ve got into dungeons and dragons; I’m a lot more expressive in how I talk to people through GIFs and memes. So, that’s one thing I’ve definitely taken away from this class.

What do I know now that I did not know before taking this class?

I did not realize how people interacted with the Internet, and I don’t use social media or technology. So, I’m developing skills on that front, considering I had none before.

What grade do I believe I am maintaining, and why do I deserve that grade?

I’m not even going to try to advocate that I should receive anything above a B. Honestly, I didn’t realize how bad my schedule was until now, and I genuinely regret how it worked out. Still, I enjoy the Zoom lessons when I watch them, and I think I would be happy with a B or B-, but I know I’m not near the level of an A.

Do I see my weekly blogging work expanding creatively? If so, please explain why. Or am I stuck in a loop where my posts seem to look the same most of the time? How will I change that?

I am noticing that I’m slowly becoming more creative, but I don’t know how to work the website to get that kind of flare in my posts. I’m not very good with this kind of thing, but I am getting better, and I think I have to explore the website a bit more to take my posts to the next level.

Are there any assignments that you are missing? If so, list them.

I am missing some assignments, but only the ones after this. I will do them soon, and they will be uploaded soon. I need 7 – 10. 

Are you commenting regularly on your classmates’ posts? Are you responding to comments made by the professor and your classmates?

I have read many of my classmates’ posts and commented on a couple of them, but I need to start commenting more and going a little more in-depth on their posts.

Are you participating during the class time? If not, explain why.

I tried to be in class as much as I could, but I just can’t with my schedule, and I’ve also had a lot of personal things going on in my life that have come out of nowhere that are just not helping in any way, shape, or form. 

This is the time to be accountable. How will you make needed improvements?

I will try to do better in the future and be mindful of the different commitments I have next time. Now that I’ve gone through what I have, I can roll with the punches better, so to speak. 

2 thoughts on “Assignment #6 – Semester Reflection”

1. I completely understand. Our schedules can be a bit crazy sometimes. I loved this post because of how relatable it is. In the end, I’m pretty sure you did well in this class.