Final Blog Post: My Journey in CT101

Welcome to my final blog post for CT101! This post serves as a detailed narrative and recap of my experiences and learnings throughout the course. I’ll reflect on the skills I’ve learned, the projects I’ve completed, and my overall journey in this class.

CT101 has been an eye-opening course that introduced me to various digital tools and techniques. I have evolved in many areas and I am grateful for the opportunity to take part in such an amazing class.

One of the most significant accomplishments in CT101 was learning how to build and customize a website using WordPress. Although I struggled a few times, I enjoyed the overall process.  Here’s a summary of what I’ve learned:

1. Domain Registration and Hosting: I learned how to register a domain name and set up web hosting. This was the first step in establishing my online presence.
  2. WordPress Basics: Understanding the WordPress interface, including how to install themes and plugins, create pages, and publish posts.
  3. Customization: Customizing the website’s appearance to reflect my brand. This included changing color schemes, adding custom headers, and organizing content into categories.

Creating engaging content was another important part of the course. I practiced writing blog posts, embedding media, and using different content formats to enhance my posts. Some of the skills I developed include:

1. Narrative Writing: Creating informative articles on beauty products.
  2. Multimedia Integration: Embedding images, GIFs, videos, and hyperlinks to make posts more interactive and engaging.

CT101 also helped me improve my digital literacy. I learned how to:

1. Use Digital Tools: Utilize tools like Canva for graphic design and Giphy for creating and embedding GIFs.

Based on my performance and the work I’ve completed, I believe I deserve a low B or C, but I’m hoping for an A+ because of my improvement overtime in this class. Here’s why:

I have strived to produce high-quality work throughout the course. My blog posts are well-written and informative. I paid attention to detail, ensuring that my website is free of default WordPress content and visually different from the initial theme.

I actively participated in class discussions, sought feedback, and continuously improved my work based on constructive criticism. This engagement has been crucial in refining my skills and achieving a high standard of work.

One of the most enjoyable aspects of CT101 was the creative freedom it offered. I loved being able to express myself through my blog and website design. The hands-on approach to learning made the class engaging and fun. Here are a few highlights:

1. Creative Projects: The assignments allowed me to explore my creativity and apply what I learned in practical ways.
  2. Supportive Environment: The class provided a supportive environment where I felt comfortable experimenting and asking for help.
  3. Skill Development: The skills I acquired are not only valuable for my academic growth but also applicable in the real world.

I intend to maintain and update my website regularly. This includes publishing new blog posts, updating content, and continuously improving the site’s design and functionality. My website will serve as a personal blog and portfolio, showcasing my work and interests.

In the future, I plan to use my website to:

1. Create a professional online presence and portfolio.
  2. : Launch new projects or blogs in areas of interest.
  3. Use digital tools to engage with online communities and share knowledge.

Here’s a tour of my website,  My Beauty Blog, where I share my passion for makeup, skincare, and haircare.

The Home page welcomes visitors with a clean and elegant design. It features a custom header image and a brief introduction to the site.

The About Me page provides an introduction to who I am and what the blog is about. It includes a narrative about my journey in the beauty industry.

The Blog page is where I publish my articles. I’m still in the process of organizing them into categories like Makeup, Skincare, and Haircare, making it easy for visitors to find content that interests them.

The Contact page includes a form where visitors can reach out to me for inquiries, collaborations, or feedback.

My Blog Posts

Here are links to my published blog posts:

1. My Top 5 Must-Have Makeup Products
  2.  My Top 5 Skincare Products of 2024: A Glowing Review
  3. Making a Domain Name
  4. Internet Happy 
  5. Art
  6. First gif
  7. Getting Started with My New Website

As I reflect on my journey, I can proudly say that building this website was a rewarding experience. I enjoyed the creative process and the satisfaction of seeing my vision come to life. There were challenges, such as figuring out how to customize the theme and integrate various plugins, but overcoming these hurdles was part of the learning journey.

Overall, CT101 has been an incredibly valuable course, providing me with essential digital skills and a platform to express my creativity. I’m proud of the work I’ve done and excited to continue using my new skills in future endeavors. Thank you for following along on this journey! Until next time…..

4 thoughts on “Final Blog Post: My Journey in CT101”

1. Thank you so much!
    Great work on this final reflection and the course work in general!
    Many new skills have been learned and applied!
    I love how your website is coming along! Keep it going!
    Have a wonderful summer!

2. I enjoyed reading your final blog post! I also love the way your website came out! Hopefully you keep adding to it because it looks like it has the potential to be something unique!