Assignment #7 – This is MY DOMAIN… ;)

Alright, let’s have some fun with this one.

Honestly, this is the most exciting thing I’ve done in a very long time. It’s the website I’m working on, which will be about books and a pseudo-book club. I have never been a part of a book club, so I’m kind of just using my imagination. Furthermore, I don’t know of any other site like the one I’m describing, mainly due to the heavy fanfiction side I’m working on.

Growing up, I was embarrassed to admit that I read fanfiction, especially when I started reading. But I’ve always been fascinated with books and literature, exploring stories and reading about different variations of established stories.

For example, I spent approximately eight years reading Percy Jackson fanfiction, among others, but it was mainly Percy Jackson. I want to create a website that can be used for established books, and as someone who reads all, I know that there are fanfictions that are just as good, if not better, as real books.

Here are some of my favorites:

I will also spit out a couple of names I’ve created to choose from. I think I already know which one I want to pick, but I still want to put out the choices that I have made. 

• PageTurners
  • ReadersRealm
  • BookishBanter
  • ReadingRetreat
  • StoryCircle
  • TalesTogether
  • PagePalette
  • LiteraryLiaisons
  • BookishBoulevard
  • NovelVoyage – Winner

The main reason I picked this is that it sounded fancy. Still, it also included the word voyage, which to me represents travel across great expenses, as well as the word novel, which to me is important because up until I got to high school, I did not know what a novel was Ever explained what a novel was and it’s just a funny story. So it becomes, in my eyes, something that means a journey across a great expanse of worlds through the words and literary sculpting of dreamers.

1 thought on “Assignment #7 – This is MY DOMAIN… ;)”

1. You shouldn’t feel bad for reading fan fiction! Your interest in it is valid. Your website for books and fan fiction sounds like it will be fantastic! Keep pursuing what you love, and don’t let anyone make you feel ashamed for it.