Final Blog Post

This is the blog post for my final project. The website.

I wish I could make this long but I am really running out time so I’ll try and get this in as fast as possible.

I don’t expect a good grade, mostly just a 65, maybe a 70 for creativity.

My experience in this class was…rushed. I felt like I barely did anything here. Probably cause I was always more focused on my my other classes like, Math, Astronomy, Spanish, I took this class cause I wanted something easy I could take and get credits, I admit.

But this project. I had fun I’m not going to lie.

I didn’t expect to get everything I wanted done in time, but I did. So here is my presentation of HappyDayChurch.com.

https://happydaychurch.com/

DESCARTES

I based my site off analog horror.

I’m a big fan of those kinds of projects.

THE MONUMENT MYTHOS

Mandela Catalogue

LOCAL 58

GEMINI HOME ENTERTAINMENT

The main idea of these series is take a old, but relatively known concept, and created horror by showcasing how this technology can be edited or used to capture horrifying moments, all while creating a narrative of intrigue and mystery.

Analog horror has always been about the mystery of the monster/supernatural, effecting the tapes. That’s probably why after stuff like Marble Hornets and other creepypastas, ARGs (Alternate Reality Games) became a big part of it too.

Fake websites holding information about a story is a big part of ARGs and analog horror, a staple of the genre, cliche if you will, but a good one.

That’s what I tried to do here.

The story of the site is that of a fictional church, though the image of it is actually based on a real church I went to sunday school in. That underwent a shooting.

The events that take place aren’t meant to be real btw. Just don’t want to step on any toes cause I know though fictional, stories that depict shootings are under scrutiny.

However, there is more behind the scenes. If you look at the link on the very top of the site, and the alt text of the image in this post. You may be able to break the page and get in, and learn the truth.

Happy Hunting, from Mahir Huq.

As for whether or not I mantain the site. I probably will. I eventually want to fully make a ARG analog horror series, mantaining this site would at least keep it in my head.

I’ll be able to use the skills I learned in this class to make it possible to do this, so thank you.

Previous Posts:

Assignment# 7

Assignment 6#

My Passion Assignment#4

Assignment 2

1 thought on “Final Blog Post”