Memes on Memes.

“Art is constantly evolving, but if the purpose of art is to express a human truth, the Internet meme fits the bill.” I have to give it up for Jeannine Gliddon Owens; this was well said. I side with her opinions on the topic of Memes being equal to Art; you may find some valid points that you hadn’t thought of yourself on Meme as Art.

I believe Memes are good for Art. It can be considered a category of its own like painting and graphite drawings. When it comes to communication, I feel like the horizon has been broadened. How so? When you think of Memes, I’m sure it’s not the same way you’d think of The Mona Lisa. Therefore, the thoughts in your mind are different from what they would have  been had you looked at an original painting of an image compared to a Meme. This is how the communication changes, and this is why I think it’s good. It’s the same topic, art, but in a different light.

Roll Safe Black Guy Pointing at His Head meme

Memes can be used for any and everything. I’ve seen them used for self-expressions but it doesn’t mean that they haven’t been used for more than just that. It’s just what I have paid attention to, what I’ve used Memes for and the purpose they serve in my world. Memes tell stories; they may not be the lengthiest of stories but they deliver the message and can be very addictive to read, share and constantly reference in jokes.