Assignment 4: Starting a business

Growing up, my friends and I used to always grab bubble tea during high school. I witnessed many people start their first businesses while I was growing up, and they consistently achieved great success. So, from the beginning, there was a spark that made me want to open my own business someday. At the time, my childhood friend who also wanted to launch his own business but I wasn’t aware we both had a strong desire to start a highly profitable business. 

As the years passed, we were unaware that we had a desire to run our own company. Toward the conclusion of high school, we were having a talk when the subject of business came up. We both aspired to launch our own businesses, which shocked me at the time because I had finally met someone who shared my perspective. As our conversation progressed, we came to the conclusion that we should launch a company together. We made the decision to come up with an idea that would work rather well and would bring people together as we were both nearing the end of our high school careers. Consequently, we agreed to launch a joint venture to create a business that suited people of any nationality.

We had time on our hands during COVID since we were under lockdown and everyone was confined to their homes. We both came up with ideas that we could combine to make something that the broader public could use. So, a bubble shop was a concept that we both came up with. However, we didn’t want to create a typical bubble tea establishment, so we thought of the concept of giving it a South-Asian touch. From there, we traveled to a bubble store called Pila de Boba, which serves South Asian or Desi Bubble tea that is infused with bubble tea and contains a variety of desi ice cream flavors known as kulfi.

1 thought on “Assignment 4: Starting a business”

1. This is a great story!
    It makes me want to learn more about you and the business and that means the blogging is effective here! Give a few hyperlinks for context – is there a website for Pila de Boba? Are there more resources on the Internet for South Asian or Desi Bubble tea? If so, and Im sure there is, this is how you can expand on further context and deeper connection to the content – it really helps the reader stay engaged and also want to connect with the writer / company
    🙂