Assignment 5: Using DS106 and Daily Create

While looking through the DS106 daily create website, I’ve selected two assignments that I am able to accomplish. I have linked them below:

https://assignments.ds106.us/assignments/looking-back-to-the-past/

https://assignments.ds106.us/assignments/create-finsta-instagram/

Both of these selected assignments are similar and the way that I believe I can tackle these assignments is through the current business that I own. As to my prior blog to this one, I’ve mentioned my bubble tea that I currently have, Pila de Boba, where I have created an instagram for and have posted multiple different types of posts. Opening an Instagram account for any business can be a terrific way to market your brand, engage with your audience, and highlight your goods and services. There are a few steps that I have used to market/advertise on the platform:

1. Open a new account: Click the “Sign Up” or “Create New Account” option after opening the Instagram app or website. You can choose to register using your phone number or email address. To create your account, select the way that suits you the most and then follow the on-screen instructions.
  2. Once your account is set up, go to your profile and tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner (or the gear icon on the website) to access the settings. This will change your account from a personal account to a business account. Then, choose “Switch to Business Account.” Making the switch from a personal account to a corporate profile is something Instagram will walk you through.
  3. Create your business profile: After your account is changed to a business profile, you can enter the information about your company. Go to your profile, select “Edit Profile,” and add pertinent details such as your company name, username, website address, contact details, and a succinct bio. Use a profile photo that effectively conveys your brand, such as a logo or a stunning image.
  4.  Adjust your settings: Review and adjust your account settings as needed. Filters for comments, notifications, and other features are all under your control. Think about turning on tools like “Business Category” to help Instagram better understand your company and provide pertinent content to users.

And from there on you can create content and start posting it to engage your audience after your business profile is put up. Posts that are aesthetically appealing and interesting should represent the tone and style of your company. Share compelling images, motion pictures, and captions with your target audience. As for Pila de Boba our instagram (@piladeboba_) has various types of content posted frequently and we try to interact with our customers everyday.

1 thought on “Assignment 5: Using DS106 and Daily Create”

1. Very cool!
    It would be helpful to see a screen shot of the DS106 assignments along with the hyperlinks – as well as hyperlinking the Insta username – @piladeboba_
    Good work!