Mid Semester Reflection

How am I doing in CT101?  In CT 101, I believe I’m doing fairly well. Each week I make sure to turn in every assignment that is posted every Tuesday for class.

What have I learned and retained the most? What I’ve learned and retained the most would have to be including GIFS in majority of my posts while having hyperlinks to back up what I'm saying.  An example is for assignment 2 I included a hyperlink of the well known TV show Family Guy” . I included it for reference to anybody who has never watched the show before. I included it to explain where the GIF originates from.

I included it for reference to anybody who has never watched the show before. I included it to explain where the GIF originates from.
What new skills have I developed , cultivated and displayed regularly in my weekly posts? The new skills I have developed in my weekly posts are my story-telling skills. For example for assignment 4, where we had to discuss our passion. I feel like the word choices I used and the images included made people get a glimpse of who I am as a person and the things I enjoy. Here's my assignment below.

Passionate About: Assignment 4

What do I know now that I did not know before taking this class? Before taking this class I wasn’t sure exactly how to make my own meme. I didn’t know there are lots of websites out there that will help with the process of making one. I used the GIPHY website to help me along with the zoom videos Professor Ryan puts up.
What grade do I believe I am maintaining and why do I deserve that grade? I believe I deserve a B for a grade for putting my creativity into every blog post. 

Do I see my weekly blogging work expanding creatively? If so, please explain why –  or am I stuck in a loop where my posts seem to look the same most of the time, how will I change that? Every week I do believe my weekly blogging work has expanded creatively. I do think I could change up the way I format the posts, whether it be with adding different fonts and colors. In fact I changed fonts and even the color of the texts!
Are there any assignments that you are missing? If so, list them. There aren’t any missing assignments that I’m missing.

Are you commenting regularly on your classmates' posts? Are you responding back to comments given to you by the professor & your classmates? I am commenting regularly on my classmates' posts. I try to aim for at least 2 comments per assignment.
Are you participating during the class time? If not, explain why. I am not often participating during class time because I’m not present most days. It could be as simple as me coming to class and making a comment based on the assignment the professor is going over. Even offering commentary whenever the professor asks a question. 
This is the time to be accountable. How will you make needed improvements? I need to start attending class more frequently if I want to get better. I've been absent for a few days, but now that the semester is almost over, I'll stop. Furthermore, attendance definitely has a significant impact on my final grade. Getting a good grade in this course will help my GPA because I'm also graduating in May. That will also start with me going to sleep much earlier to be able to wake up.

5 thoughts on “Mid Semester Reflection”

1. Hi, Joi. I like how organized your blogpost is, it looks very aesthetically pleasing. I agree with you on the blog work expanding creatively part, I feel the same! I feel as if I should add more colors or fonts or even other types of imagery! There is always room for improvement for all of us. Also, I love the Good Luck Charlie gif, I grew up watching that show. 😀

2. Great work on this!
    Ohh you are well above a B here in CT101, keep up the great work!
    Forward we go!
    It would be nice to see a few GIFs and or pieces of media embedded in between your sentences 🙂