Assignment #1 – What Makes Me Happy on the Internet?

This summer I had the opportunity to be a Ball Person for the U.S. Open tennis tournament and the experience was awesome.

(Okay I wasn’t this bad but my shoe did come off one game smh)

Now that experience got me all into tennis. I’m playing tennis more and watching old tennis matches on youtube. My personal favorite that I was watching this week is John McEnroe vs Bjorn Borg at Wimbledon in 1981.

I love how sarcastic John is in the video. Watching these old matches also has gotten me into older tennis fashion. I love going on the internet and getting inspiration from tennis fashion and implementing it into my own style. Here are some of the favorites I saw this week.

You actually see this fashion coming back today as you see on TikTok.

These things on the Internet make me happy because it reminds me of my grandma dressing me up preppy as a child and my mommy taking me to tennis lessons early morning. These experiences always give me a warm feeling of comfort and how much fun I had.

1 thought on “Assignment #1 – What Makes Me Happy on the Internet?”

1. Good work on this!
    I really like the narrative, referencing to the past and the personal reflection!
    I can definitely see you adding more to this post! A few more images or videos that contrast the past and the present of tennis, tennis fashion, or how the game has changed over time.
    Good work!