Assignment #1: What Makes Me Happy On The Internet

This week, I discovered a new instrumentalist to study on my musical journey named Eldar Djangirov. He’s an amazing pianist who is considered the best at using his left hand to play today by some people I know.

I was bored during the week with no inspiration because everything I listened to was something I already heard. For example, I like listening to music by Art Tatum, Oscar Peterson, Chick Corea, and Robert Glasper, however, after some time, the songs that I listened to from these guys got old. Of course, that’s what happens when you listen to something on repeat, and I know that when you take a break from it, you will find something you like when you come back to it, but the problem was what to listen to.

When all hope was lost, one of my piano mentors showed me a performance from Eldar which blew me away.

The left-hand only section starts around 5:11, but I recommend listening to the whole performance.

This performance sparked a feeling of jealousy in me when I saw how he was playing with his left hand which inspired me to try and replicate it. Ever since, I have taken much joy in practicing building up my left hand so I can play similar things like he did.

1 thought on “Assignment #1: What Makes Me Happy On The Internet”

1. Excellent work!
    Congrats on your first post!
    This is a fine example and includes great content embedded into the post, I love the hyperlinks and context given for more energy!
    Thank you!