Assignment # 4- The Passion of My Passions!

Sisters With Voices Rain GIF by SWV

My passions: Interior and Exterior Designing and Event Planning

According to the BetterUp Blog: What is a Passion, “Before you can pursue your passions, you need to discover what your passions are. You’ll likely have to work many days, in many ways, to discover the work that taps into your passion.” This is true because I always knew that designing and decorating was my hobby, but I also felt there had to be more. I don’t just love doing it; I’m passionately in love with doing it. It brings me comfort and joy. 

Im So Passionate About This Coco Lili GIF - Im So Passionate About This Coco Lili I Love It So Much GIFs

Every event, whether it’s someone’s birthday or the Christmas celebration preparation, I get super excited to research ideas for whatever upcoming events I have to plan for. Two of my go-to websites are Yelp.com and Pinterest.com. I take full advantage of these ideas and also apply my own unique touches to my work. Here are a few of my creations:

I found my passion for decorating around age 15 because I remember always fighting my sisters to decorate the house for Christmas. Sometimes, I let them decorate the house, and afterward, I made my own changes, which blew their minds every time. Lol! Since then, my mom has encouraged me to use my hobbies/passions toward my career path. In this case, I will work doing what I love and make money off it. Also, CT101 will allow me to create my own styles and designs and blog my business.

Serious Mariah Carey GIF by Apple Music

My plan after graduation is to acquire as many certificates as I can in event planning, designing, and decorating to gain the qualifications and more experience to start a business and continue doing what I love.

And so we continue… The History of Blogging and Digital Storytelling

Blogging is the online platform where bloggers share their thoughts, opinions, and experiences on various topics, allowing individuals to express themselves and connect with others. It’s a popular form of online storytelling, journalism, marketing, and income, utilizing media like images, videos, and infographics to engage readers.

Digital storytelling is a blend of traditional storytelling techniques and technology, utilizing multimedia elements like images, videos, and audio to create immersive narratives. It’s gaining popularity due to its ability to connect with audiences through platforms like websites, social media, or dedicated platforms, offering dynamic experiences beyond traditional mediums.

History of Blogging: A Timeline highlights the first blog created by Justin Hall in 1994 on Links.net, up until modern blogging like LinkedIn, WordPress.com, Tumblr, Blogger, etc. During the 1990s, people enjoyed blogging about their personal lives, including hobbies, beliefs, and daily lives. Lately, very few people blog about their lifestyles because everyone started microblogging on social media instead. Casual blogging is gone, but what has replaced it with a vengeance? Business blogging, says Content Hacker

According to Content Hacker.com, blogging is not dead but has evolved! However, nowadays, blogging is loosely used as  Content Creation.

The YouTube video: A Brief History of the Internet is quite interesting because it outlines key moments of the Internet, from the beginning of the Internet in the 1970s, which took 20 years for the public to gain access to it, to social media and memes. The first email was sent in 1971; the first website, the World Wide Web (www), was created in 1990; the first picture uploaded on the web was in 1992; and following in 1994 was the first search engine. The first blog was in 1999; the first mobile phone internet was in 1996; however, the birth of the mobile internet wasn’t until 1999, when i-mode was launched in Japan. The first Internet celebrity was in 1999. The first word on Skype was in 2003; the first Facebook user was in 2004; the first YouTube video was in 2005; the first Twitter post was in 2006; and the first Instagram post was in 2010. the first meme was in 1996, the dancing baby

Concerning the case studies on blogging, congratulations to Ree Drummond for her blog page, The Pioneer Woman. Her page is quite interesting, showcasing her yummy foods, beautiful home decor, and fashionable clothing line. Hats off to her for successfully blogging for so many years and still striving.

With reference to the case study on digital storytelling, National Geographic is one of my favorite TV channels, and yes, it is also a well-known digital storytelling publication where it publishes things like science, trips, explorations, and the studies of the world’s culture and history; not forgetting advertisements also. 

2 thoughts on “Assignment # 4- The Passion of My Passions!”

1. EPIC POST!!
    Thank you so much for the outstanding work on this post!
    You have super skills!!! Thank you for sharing the images and arrangements!
    A+!!