Assignment #4- What am I passionate about

Everyone has their passion in life, whether it is from cooking, to gaming, to even bird watching. In my life I came to love skating. 

The skateboard was invented in the late 1940’s and later on became very popular.

These days people skateboard everywhere, to work, school and just to get from point A to point B. 

I first became interested in skateboarding when I saw my friend skateboarding in Prospect park and I asked him to teach me and when I got a hang of it, I went straight to the store and I bought my own skateboard

Me showing my friends my new trick

The feeling of going speed and the wind hitting you in your face when skating is so refreshing and freeing. It gives me a sense of calmness and peace that I’ve never felt before. When skating I’m not thinking of anything, I just have a free open mind. 

How I feel on my skateboard

2 thoughts on “Assignment #4- What am I passionate about”

1. Great work on this!
    I love skating too, I grew up skateboarding through out the city!
    Great use of media and links, can you share one of your first memories of skateboarding? that would help even more people connect to your story!
    Thank you!

2. Hey, skateboarding is such a cool passion, did you enjoy the movie: Mid90s? If you watched it, if you have did you feel like it represented skaters well? I liked the movie but never had the chance to ask a skater about it.