Continuation of Magazine Art

My aspiration is to become a digital editor for a major magazine. I am committed to improving my knowledge in every area, especially concerning the art of digital storytelling.

As I reflect on this semester, I am reminded of the exciting new mediums that have been introduced to us. With these tools, we can enhance our various projects. While I am not a blogger and don’t have a long-term interest in blogging, I welcome the opportunity to acquire new knowledge. I also appreciate the Zoom recordings because they have been a tremendous help to me this semester. At the moment, I would say I am currently at a B+ in the class, honestly. This is because I wish I had more time to fully invest in a “blogger lifestyle.” By the end of the semester, I hope to immerse myself more in the websites you introduced and create some impressive projects that I can hopefully add to my portfolio. Overall, I am enjoying this class.…

This week on my blog, for my second magazine art piece, I created a magazine cover in its raw form.

Adobe Illustrator was the main mode of creation, along with canva.

I decided to continue my blog series with the girls. I have a fondness for “weird” art because I believe it will make a comeback, mark my words. I have been on a spiritual journey that began two years ago, so I am currently in the Eryka Badu phase. I am stuck, to be honest. Lol! I just wanted to experiment with a cover that’s both perplexing, badass, and fresh. I wouldn’t say it’s one-of-a-kind because it’s my first draft with no edits whatsoever.

Toodles to Eryka Badu!

I also made a GIF of my favorite Eryka Badu moment from “What Men Want” when she performs a sort of magic scene. Everyone should know it.

Now that we touched on that. I decided to create my piece to emulate a past Essence magazine issue of Eryka Badu in August of 1997. I wanted mine to be a modern version with animated figures, especially because I couldn’t shoot her for myself.

3 thoughts on “Continuation of Magazine Art”