Week #13

Vaporwave can be seen as multiple things. According to Wikipedia, it is a microgenre of electronic music, a visual art style, and a type of internet imagery. Thinking in terms of the purposes of this class, it includes culture from the 1980s and 90s, for example, glitch art, 1990s web design, greek and roman statues, and 3D art. I honestly think Vaporwave is pretty cool in terms of a visual style. I really liked the “choppy” triangle picture of the vulture. Not all are really appealing but some are, as I’ve provided above. I can’t see myself making such art based on your tutorial, but it would be a nice addition to my website. When I checked the student vaporwave gallery, the choppy triangle picture of Spiderman looked cool as well. From afar, the choppy picture almost looks really clear!

Here are just simple examples of the “vaporwave” I created:

This is just an image of the Brooklyn bridge at night (I know, it’s beautiful), but if I didn’t tell you that you wouldn’t be able to tell! I just love the colors. 

This is an image of my cousin and other people in her play during her freshman year of college. They have this event every year for MLK day and this year’s theme was Sankofa. I love the unity in this picture. In the background, you also see the Malian flag, which is where I’m from!