#4 Passion Post Blog

Now that I have the chance to talk about my passions, boy do I have so much to share with yall.

So much to talk about but Ill just focus on my main thing right now which is 

MUSIC!!!

Deep Chills Macbook GIF by ATLAST - Find & Share on GIPHY

Music is my main thing, I consider myself to be a pretty well seasoned producer/artist. I began making music in late April 2017. I was born in Brooklyn, NY and  lived in Queens, NY my whole life. That’s where my stage name comes from, JAYSXEAST. A blend of my name and where I’m from. [JAY-SEE-EAST]. I always loved music as a kid and would keep a Toy piano that played Greensleeves and it would help me fall asleep every night.

I then got a battery antenna radio where I would listen to music directly from there, and would always need new batteries and couldn’t sleep if the radio was dead either.  Mostly stations like Radio Disney and Z100. I was falling in love with music everyday and  I never realized it. I got a CD player and got my first album from my sister Under my Skin by Avril Lavigne and would funny enough go on to associate her songs with an elementary crush of mine named, Veronica. I was a strange kid lol. I Got Justin Timberlake’s – Future Sex/Love Sound for X-mas and played that on repeat religiously. My mom also got me a Pussycats Dolls album, but I  give that back to her unopened… I went on to downloading Mp3s off of LimeWire and Ripping them from the local library’s collection on the computer at home, and finally loading them on to my mp3 player that was the size of a AirPods case, could you believe that!

In 2017 I explored my inner self deeply meditated and tried so hard to deeply understand myself and what my existence means to me, and where does my passion begin? I came to the conclusion that music has been all around me and close to me for my whole life. I never thought that I would be able to make a song of my own, on my own. Strut is still one of my favorite songs to listen to. 

It was released on my birthday about 3 years ago July 2020.

So far ive been releasing music online via Distrokid to distribute my songs to multiple streaming services. Distrokid was something that I always dreamed about, a service that allows me to post music officially just like my favorite artist.

The music program I use is called FL Studios, and its been my favorite since. My other music friends and teachers that I meet tend to use other DAW’s Like Ableton or Pro Tools but I’ve kind of settled for this one.

Unfortunately I only put one song out for now because I fear that I want the quality of my songs to be perfected and after some time after improving I will take things down that don’t align with me anymore, but thankfully I started to repost my older stuff on Soundcloud.com so people close to me can have somewhere to check my old stuff out and to see what I’ve been working on.

There was also a point where I believed I was sounding good… until I paid 300 Bucks to compete in a showcase tour in Brooklyn. Man it was fun to participate but boy did I regret not being more prepared, I am today but now I just enjoy the sounds I make and when I drop some FIRE BE READY!!! 😉

Also I was scammed, Coast 2 Coast did not do it for artist they did it for money…