Assignment 9: Getting To Know WordPress

The very first step to customizing  my website was rewatching professor Seslow’s recording to refresh my memory of everything he explained. In the recording he demonstrated different ways to design our websites using the Twenty Twenty theme. 

I was unsure of what theme I would go with, but I think I had a pretty solid idea of what I wanted my website to look like. So as I read each theme’s description, what caught my eye was Twenty Twenty-Two embraces the idea that everyone deserves a truly unique website

Now I know you might be thinking…

“Didn’t professor say that might be the hardest one to use?” Yes, yes he did.

“Didn’t he also say that there’s not much tutorials on it?” Yes and he would be correct.

“You still chose it didn’t you?” As a matter of fact I did.

“After hearing all of that, why would you still choose it?”

With all that being said, I tried my best to understand what I was working with and I’ll be honest, I love a good challenge, but this was super difficult. Thankfully I kept searching to find a clear explanation of that specific theme and I happened to stumble upon this life saver:

This video made things 100% easier and as time went on I’ve become a lot more comfortable with WordPress. I’ve managed to create the homepage, about page and contact page so far. I thought having the website being different shades of brown and colors that go well with it would be a great play on the name of the site.

Honestly nothing on the site is completely finalized yet so knowing myself I might just try to customize another theme to have options to choose from or entirely change the current layout.

It is still a work in progress but I think I’m getting the hang of it. Check the site out and let me know what you think: https://brownecorner.com

Resources I used:

7 thoughts on “Assignment 9: Getting To Know WordPress”

1. Hello Tiandra, I really enjoyed reading your post and seeing how you are using the Twenty Twenty theme. It really fits well with your website, watching tutorials only helps us to improve and learn so that’s amazing to see.
    Great work!

2. Hey Tiandra. I just want to start off by saying that your website looks AMAZING and I know that it’ll continue to look that way regardless of the changes you make. I really liked your blog post, especially how you incorporated your thought process into it and were honest about the assignment is difficult. Also, thank you for including the resources you used to help you understand editing your site better. I’ll check them out!

3. Heyy Tiandra
    We both have the same experiences learning how WordPress work. I had to learn using a YouTube video too. I can’t wait to see how your website come out. I know it will be amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience.