The WordPress Customizing Series

Hello everyone, it’s been a long time since I’ve blogged here. It’s been difficult to enter into my account since someone attempted to hack it, but I’m back now. I have a lot to talk about today.

I wanted to expand my understanding of WordPress and learn more about how to create a beautiful website that will entice visitors to want to remain on it, so I went to YouTube and found this video that piqued my interest.

I began personalizing my website by first modifying the theme. I make the decision to download Astra. Astra is a stunning WordPress theme that is fast, highly adaptable, and appropriate for a blog, personal portfolio, company website, and WooCommerce marketplace. It is really light.

I choose to download a beginning template that will provide me with website template possibilities that I may customize for my own website. This is referred to as a beginning template.  With the Starter Templates plugin, you can create professional-looking, pixel-perfect websites in minutes. This plugin offers me access to 280+ pre-made whole website templates and individual pages for Elementor, Beaver Builder, and the Block Editor, which are my favorite page builders. I was able to choose a free template to assist my website get started with this plugin.

To reproduce the image above, I convert it to this image. I want my homepage to be the first thing people see.

I also use Elementor to create and update my pages. Elementor is a drag-and-drop WordPress page builder. Using a visual editor, this plugin allows you to build stunning pages. It’s made to let you easily create dynamic websites.

I also decided to do a little blog example on my website just to see what my website will look like if I decided to post anything and it came out great. I was able to find some free images in pixels which can save me from getting copyrighted.  

Even tho i’m not done editing this my website but i wanted to show you guys the progress. I hope everyone have a great day.

4 thoughts on “The WordPress Customizing Series”

1. Hello Elizabeth,
    Well constructed and organized post, your step-by-step process on using WordPress, using plugins gives me an Idea to maybe use in my own website. You have provided some good images and screenshots to display your process which is really good. Your passion for food can be shown in the work and research you are displaying.
    Great work!

2. Hey Elizabeth! I was wondering where you went. But, now that you’re back I think that your website is coming along really well and I like the theme that you chose. I also like how you took the extra step and watched videos on how to edit your site to your liking which I will be watching as well. Other than that, I can’t wait to go on your site and try out some recipes!