Copyright

What is copyright?

“Copyright is a form of protection grounded in the U.S. Constitution and granted by law for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works.”

That is the definition found on http.s://www.copyright.gov/ , to me this is just all a bunch of fancy words use to keep the creativity of the people to a minimum. What I define as copyright is when you can not publish something exact as it was created and take credit from it. If we get technical for example when it comes to music every song would be a violation of copyright because every word said on a song was once already said.

In the Tedtalk by Larry Lessig he states that “People participate in the creation and recreation of culture”. In my opinion to put a stop on the re-creation of an art is to stop culture from moving forward or developing.

I believe that as users of the web we should not pay much mind to copyrights because is going to set our creativity back we wont be able to add to the “culture” as  long as we give credit when its due we will be just fine, I  do not know who exactly but someone said “if you are getting fined than you are doing something right!”