Are memes considered art?

My excitement to learn about memes and things! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hi guys and gals.ย  In this awesome class, we’re gonna learn about the wonderful world of memes.ย  Isn’t that exciting?!!ย  I’m so excited, I could just burst!

Me bursting from excitement to learn about memes and the like! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Before we continue guys and gals, we should learn the definition of a meme.ย  You can find the meme definition here.

Now, let’s move on to some more fun stuff about memes.ย  Buckle your seat belt.ย  This train ride might get a little bumpy! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

My bumpy but fun train ride learning about memes and whatnot! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

So, the question is, are memes considered art? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

To me, the answer is yes.ย  They may not fit into the category of classic art, but if memes are a creative expression intended to invoke a feeling, emotion or provoke thought, then the answer is yes, memes are art.ย  To see what others say, click on the links here and here too.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Me learning to be a warrior for memes and so on! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Art is forever evolving.ย  It’s a form of expression, a form of communication, always changing with the times.ย  No matter what the goal of that art is, whether to convey a cultural, spiritual or political message like the hieroglyphics & paintings of the ancient Africans of the Nile Valley shown below…

Art depicted by the ancient Africans of the Nile Valley. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

…or the stylistic art of the aerosol artists (graffiti) of the 70’s and 80’s in NYC show below…see more about graffiti art here and how it became popularized and essential in early Hip-Hop. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ

Just stylin’ & profilin’ my art in these NY streets and carrying on! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

…memes are just one form of art’s changing expression…and change is good.ย  Change will always happen.ย  And it’s better to embrace it than to fight it.ย  As technology changes, surely will memes and other forms of art and communication.

2 thoughts on “Are memes considered art?”

1. HA! Super fun post! :))) thanks so much! Really good to see that Im so animated! Can you tell how much I love teaching this class? Love the historical references! Lets add a few hyperlinks in to lead people to a few sites that expand their experience. Good work!

1. Thanks Professor. I was a little nervous about using your images as memes, but decided it’s all for learning and fun so go for it! Glad you have a great sense of humor! Yea, I can tell you love teaching this class which is cool. You’re not overly animated in my opinion…that’s probably more me projecting because I’m a big fan of early Hip-Hop and NYC street culture and art too…that’s why I referenced the Warriors movie…LOL I’ll try and find some sites and add hyperlinks as suggested. Thanks again.