Assignment 11: Final Assignment & End of Semester Reflection

It was a pleasure to be a part of CT101 with Prof. Seslow and the rest of my peers. This course has taught me on how students have creative minds that they can portray with fun assignments from this digital storytelling course. The thing that I have enjoyed about this course is that we are able to show our creativity through the weekly blogs. In addition to that, I also enjoyed how we are able to discuss and explain each of our experiences. With doing all these assignments, the skills that I have gained is to be more creative and manage my time efficiently. Although Prof. Seslow has been lenient on the due dates of each blog, I believe that is a plus point for us as students to be more responsible on when we should submit our assignments. As I mentioned above, this course has brought out our inner creativity that we were able to express through our blogs. 

I believe that as this semester comes to an end, it was very interesting to build a website. So far, creating a domain is the easy part of creating a website but the tedious part of building a website is to customize it to your liking. I believe that I wouldn’t be able to upkeep with the website that I have created due to the other interests that I have in the near future. Although I have created a website before using a different hosting website, it was a pleasant experience using Reclaiming Hosting to create my WordPress website. My website is based on a bubble tea shop, Pila de Boba, which is located in the Lower Eastside of Manhattan. I haven’t completely finished the website but it is in a state that I can keep adding more content to update the website and make changes that can be pleasing to the viewers. 

Couple of things that I did not appreciate while creating the website is how the tool bar for the text is separated from the toolbar that controls the image aspect. Inserting images is an easy task and doesn’t require much time to add them but when you are trying to move around the header or the footer, something else accidentally moves. This causes a frustration that then leads to more time being used in order to make everything look neat and clean. When adding text, you are only allowed to add text within the selected box and cannot click on anything else to edit text unless you select them in the previous page. Therefore making it slightly more challenging to add text whenever you would like to.

Overall, I had a great time creating the website. Although certain things caused frustration at times, it was an experience that I don’t believe I have had before from any other course. Enjoyed being a part of this course during this semester and I am looking forward to see more students take this course in the future.

2 thoughts on “Assignment 11: Final Assignment & End of Semester Reflection”

1. Thank you!
    Great work has been completed this semester and I appreciate it!
    Keep going on your website! A little bit of practice every week goes a long way as content builds and accumulates!
    Thank you for the consistent evolution of progress and commitment to the course work!
    It was another fun semester!
    Thank you for the kind words!
    Have a great summer!