Assignment #12 – Exploring URLs

What Do You Meme

While looking through my classmate’s websites (all amazing), I would have to say the one that stuck out to me the most would have to be Stella’s, aquicklaugh.com. I would definitely say that it’s because I’m biased when it comes to memes/gifs. Since I could remember, memes have always been apart of my internet experiences so it was cool to see that one of my classmates decide to create  a sort of meme/gif museum.

It was a pretty nice to go through the website and experience the “oh I remember that one!” moments. Makes me think how far along memes in general have come. From the early days of troll/lol faces, to reactionary gifs, and now a whole internet culture that surrounds them. The website as a whole is very well thought out and has a very clean interface.

Also, the way the site is formatted in terms of sectioning specific memes under certain topics is also a really nice touch. My favorite section definitely would have to be the “Lore of The Memes ” one. Overall, it is a very fun website to visit and I can definitely see why it is so popular amongst the other students!