Assignment #2: GIFS

GIFS are universal for everyone in the world. It’s become apart of how we communicate on a regular day basis. Now taking it back to the history of GIFS, become a solution to a problem in the article “The GIF is 30 years old. It didn’t just shape the internet — it grew up with the internet” as a way to compress images while also having minimal data loss. The creators did a great job in my opinion.

What did you think on the first day of the CT101? This is the perfect GIF to describe the level one excitement I had on the first day of CT 101. I actually dropped a psychology class in order to take this one as an elective because the  course description sounded more interesting. In addition, this is my senior year and wanted to have more fun before I left.

This Gif comes from a scene in the movie The Princess and the Frog.

Did you like hearing about the course and its creative content? How did it make you feel? Hearing about the course and its creative content was enjoyable, a friend of mine recently took this course last semester and recommend it to me.  Being able to include the things I’m most interested in sounds like a win to me.

How does CT101 compare to some of your other classes so far? I don’t think CT 101 compares to any of my classes so far. The classes I’m taking doesn’t necessarily allow for this much creative freedom. This is why I was drawn to the course description.

What are the creative potentials of this class? The creative potentials of this class is to take the skills I’ll learn and possibly apply them to real life. Especially since majority of this world is media based, I can improve my tech skills. I could also see what other people are posting and you could learn a lot from the different ways of thinking.

How do you feel about learning new skills that use Internet tools? Learning new skills that use internet tools is a great idea actually. It offers more flexibility and convenience. Instead of shying away saying “I can’t”, instead I’ll just do. This is a reference from the show “Family Guy” .

It reminds me of whenever I get my nails done and it’s hard to type on my laptop. Here is a good representation.

Giphy was much easier to use than Imgur. On my computer Imgur was a little more complex when attempting to make my own GIF.  On Giphy I was able to type in keywords to find specific gifs. I’ve seen it’s divided into different categories.

3 thoughts on “Assignment #2: GIFS”

1. Excellent GIF selections as reactions!
    Love it so far!
    Lets dig back into the assignment details and make sure that we didn’t miss a few things.
    Thank you!
    Looking forward to your update!