Assignment 4: Digital Storytelling Project Flexibility

For the 1st assignment, I chose the animated GIF assignment from the DS 106 assignment bank since I already have an idea of how to do it. GIFs are really popular and can be used for anything like answering a question, making people laugh, or bringing up a serious discussion.

The way I completed this assignment is first I was searching for what GIF I want to use for this assignment, I used the website GIPHY, I chose the Homer Simpson GIF shown below.

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor - Find & Share on GIPHY

After I chose the GIF if I want to add text or stickers GIPHY gives me the options to do so as shown below.

For this GIF, the text I put was “When the teacher asks for the HW”; I didn’t add any stickers since I think the GIF looks great with just the text. After this, I upload the GIF and this is my finished Animated GIF

One assignment that I would like to learn is Mashup assignments. I’ve seen many different types of mashups showcasing character/ relationship progression.

In order for me to learn the mashup assignment, I need to know how to make smooth transitions since the purpose of it is to show the progression of a character/individual. I need to gather photos to show how the person progressed.

I think we should be doing this project once and it should be at the end of the semester we should use our first blogs and how much we’ve been able to improve our blogs over time. I think this skill is important to showcase how you’ve improved your skills over time and it’s a very creative way to show progression.

Lisa Simpson School GIF by The Simpsons - Find & Share on GIPHY

6 thoughts on “Assignment 4: Digital Storytelling Project Flexibility”