Assignment #4: Things that I am Passionate about!

Of all the things that I do in my daily routine and in my free time, there are only a few things that I am truly passionate about. Asides from School and Work and other trivial things I truly do enjoy doing things that allow me to be express myself artistically and creatively.

Bob Ross Art GIF by NETFLIX

Such things that allow me to express myself through creatively is drawing, painting, especially running my own Eyelash Extension business! below you will find some of the pieces I have created through art and the meaning behind it as well as some of my work from my Lash portfolio / on my clients.

LASH PORTFOLIO

I got certified to do lashes in 2022!
I got certified to do lash extensions in 2022!

This picture in particular is very sentimental to me because after saying that I wanted to do lashes seriously for so long I finally took that chance and got certified to do lashes despite my fear of messing up.

One of my first human models
My ex-coworker was one of the first very few REAL LIFE HUMAN models that I had to practice lashes on! this meant a lot to me as I was just starting out with lashing around that time and not many people that were actually “close” to me supported me. It really is true when they say strangers are your biggest supporters!
Comparison to 6 months later from when I lashed her originally
This is a comparison photo from 6 months later from when I originally lashed my ex-coworker.
Me improving my Lash skills by practicing. The more that i practiced and educated myself overtime I noticed the quality of my work improved.
Here is a picture from one of my practice lash sets on my practice dummy. This is how I educate myself to try out different looks my clients will love, and how I can improve the overall quality of my work. Better quality= More clients!

ART PORTFOLIO

An art project that I did a few years back, this sculpture was very significant to me being that it detailed my struggle growing up Biracial and not being accepted by others around me. This sculpture represents the growth I went through to fully accept and understand and love myself hence, the flowers and leaves around the sculpture

This art project I did a few years back, which is centered around female empowerment, and the hair displays the struggles I went through growing up with my biracial identity, whether my hair wasn't straight enough, or it didn't look good naturally. This project demonstrates the growth I went through as an individual to fully accept myself and my identity.

One of the first sculpture projects I have ever done.

A freehand drawing I did while looking at a photo back in highschool.

These few photos mean the world to me as they accurately represent my passions, as well as the growth I have experienced in the past four years alone not only through my art but my growth as an individual.

In the future, I want to work for myself and do something that allows me the ability to be free spirited and creative. As someone who is very passionate about the things they care about all things art are important to me especially doing lashes!

All my lash business work can be found on my business instagram. 

I am based in the Far Rockaway, Queens area, and I’m having a $90 New Client Special if you book with me!

5 thoughts on “Assignment #4: Things that I am Passionate about!”

1. Hi Khayla,
    After reading your post, I couldn’t help but reflect on my own journey in the beauty industry, starting as a Dermalogica Academy for esthetics graduate back in 2010. Your photos documenting your growth with eyelash extensions took me back to my younger years in the health and beauty field.

I want to congratulate you on your impressive progress with eyelash extensions. Your embedded photos display a clear transformation in the precision and placement of the lashes, a testament to the patience and dedication required for this artistry. As a fellow beautician, I understand the physical toll that comes with the industry, and I commend you for your hard work.

It’s evident that you possess a great sense of artistry, and I can’t help but wonder if this was what inspired you to venture into the lash business, as precision and placement are fundamental to both.

As a suggestion, starting your blog post with a Bob Ross gif and placing your text and title below could be a fantastic way to captivate your audience, especially since people are often drawn to eye-catching visuals.

Thank you for sharing your journey and inspiring others with your post, and once again, congratulations on your certificate of completion for lash extensions.

2. Congrats on getting on certified! Sounds like such an amazing accomplishment. I wanted to try lash extension at some point but I know I’ll get tired of the feeling after a while. Seems like a lot of maintenance as well. But your lash work looks so good. I see videos on Instagram where other lash techs have clients whose eyes are bloodshot red and I heard that it’s supposedly a bad thing. But your clients don’t have that problem so that’s how I know you’re good at what you do! Also, love your sculptures they look amazing!

3. I appreciate your wonderful blog. The works of Italian artists are astounding. I just wanted to let you know how well your eyelash extensions are working out. Your attached photographs show a noticeable improvement in the accuracy and positioning of the lashes, which is evidence of the perseverance and commitment needed for this craft. I believe that this artistic endeavor will benefit your own business. like a salon, beauty shop, or other type of creative store.

4. You are an amazing Entrepeneur! branding yourself as a lash technician and an artist, I love it!
    Congratulations on getting your certification, congratulations on having the drive to be your own BOSS! you will get very far with it because drive and commitment is all you need to make it happen.
    I suggest maybe adding a video about lashes (maybe of yourself applying them on someone) or a video about art?! I also suggest hyperlinking an article or two on art or lashes.

Overall, wonderful job and best of luck with everything!