Assignment #4- Digital Storytelling

One Assignment that I already know how to do is the visual assignments. The visual assignments are really interesting because they instantly gain audience attention, they are faster and easier to decode, make sense out of, they transcend language barriers, and they convey emotional information more effectively than text. Most visual materials that accompany visual assignment serve one of two functions they appeal to the emotions of a photograph, and visual assignments is made primarily through images that is intended to persuade viewers to believe or do something. 

+  =

One assignment that I don’t know how to do yet and would like to learn about is 3D printed assignment.Personally speaking I found it really interesting how 3D printed assignments help designers and  users visualize space requirements, but also improves drawing efficiency and accuracy. 3D printing allows for the design and print of more complex designs than traditional manufacturing processes. 3D printing can manufacture parts within hours, which speeds up the prototyping  process. This allows for each stage to complete faster. When compared to machining prototypes, 3D printing is inexpensive and quicker at creating parts as the part can be finished in an hours, allowing for each design modification to be completed at a much more efficient rate.

What do I think I need to do to learn the 3D print assignments on Ds106?

I need a better Understanding of 3D Technologies and also Data Preparation Skills because having a better Understanding of the data preparation process will enable you to optimize job preparation and reduce failed builds, contributing to build. You need to know how to design successful support structures, how to choose appropriate materials and how to select the most beneficial parameters for each part type.

How many of these kinds of projects do you think you should be doing in this semester so that you might learn and build both emergent storytelling skills and use new tools to create them?

I think that I should be doing all the assignments on ds106 because I want to add new skills to what I already know. For me Gaining new skills is a great way to open doors to different opportunities and  learning new skills increases your confidence and nurtures a growth mindset. That helps you grow as a person and a professional. It gets you out of your comfort zone and challenges you to try new things.

4 thoughts on “Assignment #4- Digital Storytelling”

1. Great work on this!
    Great examples and selections!
    How epic is that 3D printing project!
    Ohh, I would like to see the screen shots of the assignments that you selected, that would help and share the context of the DS106 website,
    Thanks so much, great work on this!

2. I remember placing 3d printing in the same level as flying cars yet here we are. I also find it really cool and is something I would want to look into as well.