Assignment 8- Domain names

spongebob nervously biting his nails

I didn’t have many domain names in mind honestly. But here are the ones I did have in mind…

1.AliyahJohnson ( just because it’s my name,very simple and easy) taken unfortunately my name is basic

2.Aliyahnicole(also my name i wanted to stick to things I would remember)

3.Alinetwork.com( i have no idea why I thought of this one, I was thinking of television and this is what popped in my head.

Part of me is nervous because there are so many hackers and things like that, but another part of me is excited to learn a new skill.

mickeymouse rubbing his head

I have zero ideas on what I want my website to be about, I have a few ideas on how I want it to look, something minimal so that there isn’t too much going on. I did look on Pinterest for a few website ideas.

website template

I’d like mine to look something like this just more pink than brown or maybe a mixture of both. I’m excited to put a creative spin on my website.

4 thoughts on “Assignment 8- Domain names”

1. Excellent work on this!
    Great domain name selections and supporting Gifs here!
    yesss, the new skills will be essential, and please dont worry about hackers, they mainly target websites that collect a lot of data and take payments on a large scale, we are safe and sound – creativity forward!
    Thank you!

2. Hi Aliyah

Great post.
    I completely relate to the feeling of being vulnerable to hackers. Thanks for mentioning this in your post. Cybersecurity and data security is critical to me. I tread lightly with my digital footprint. But I also know that this was a feeling I needed to push through when we started posting.
    Fortunately, I feel much more comfortable posting on the Commons site, but I try not too much share personal information.
    I enjoyed the Sponge Bob gif at the beginning of your post; an excellent choice. Maybe you can make the gif clickable so we can find it on giphy.com. If you click on your image in the editor tool and scroll down, there is an additional area to add the link; select>link to >custom URL, then paste/add the URL again. Now your gif is clickable and will redirect to the original gif. Not sure if Sponge Bob was initially from giphy.com; I assumed because most of my gifs are from that source.

3. I love that you are using Pinterest for ideas! I totally forgot that website existed. I have been stuck on how I want my site to look as well but I will definitely look at Pinterest for some inspiration. Thanks so much for the reminder!