assignment #8 picking a domain name

I think choosing a domain name is the hardest part of starting to create anything, the most unskippable part of the process. I pondered for a bit on not only what I would call my website but what it would consist of. Naturally, my first and last name made an appearance and I thought to name it  “Genielleshaw.com ” or something similar to that, but this was not visually appealing and I couldn’t imagine my first website being only my first and last name.

The names weren’t flowing but I didn’t expect them to. I knew that if I wanted a cool website name that id love and wouldn’t regret in two weeks id probably have to do some heavy-duty thinking. I also considered a few nicknames such as Gen, genie, and gens(s for shaw). While they were better than my first thought I just wasn’t enthralled by the idea, it felt like something was missing.

Finally, I had my greatest idea yet! I should add numbers. I came up with a few variations g3nmn3, g3ni3, and  g3nie I’m not sure if I’m going to stick with one of these or try to come up with something new, but I do enjoy these names a lot more than the others and I’m open to suggestions.

1 thought on “assignment #8 picking a domain name”