CT 101 Reflection

Hello all, I still cant get used to the fact that we’re still in a Panasonic. Sorry, I mean a panini. Excuse me, what I really meant was a pandemic. Even with its drawbacks, I think online learning actually makes sense for this particular class. Its a communication’s technology class…..that’s being held strictly online. This does a lot to emphasize the practicality of communications technology and how to use a combination of some new learned skills and creativity to create new content. Anyways, back to the main topic. It’s been six weeks since we’ve been in class. Sheesh, time flies indeed.

So far I think I’m doing pretty well in this class. I put a lot of time and effort into my blog posts and try to add as much personality as I can. I used to rush to complete assignments but now I take my time to make sure I make each blog post “reading worthy.” I don’t want my blog posts to sound like an assignment, or a research paper. I want them to sound like something you would actually read in your free time.  In terms of grading I think I’ll give myself an A-.

I seriously hope my parents didn’t hear me say “A-.” They’ll kill me if I get anything less than a 105% in any class. The reason I gave myself this grade is because I still have a lot of improvement to do, such as making my posts more engaging and adding more creativity. Creativity has never really been my strong suit, as I’m more of a “logical” and “sciencey” person. I promise you that’s not as boring as it sounds. Speaking of which, I have learned how to unlock the creative side of me. I never was the person to do things such as painting, draw, etc. I though I just didn’t have it in me. However, in this class I get to  build my creativity one week at a time and add on to it. By the end of this semester, I should be completely comfortable with my creativity and maybe even find ways to monetize it. So far my greatest learned asset is learning how to create a blog post. A blog post has several components, which may include hyperlinks, gifs and memes. I’m one to always laugh at memes from the internet, but learning how to make my own memes is even better. I also make sure to develop my expressive skills. I discovered that I don’t like writing in a monotonous voice. I like writing as if I’m writing a conversation, where there’s change in tone and emotion. In my opinion, the closer a blog post is to a casual conversation, the easier it is to read. Ya dig?

Through self reflection I can assess my performance by keeping track of my blog post content. Also, over time my blog posts should get progressively longer. So naturally, I can track my progress in this class based on how long my blog posts are getting, However, quality should also increase, as quantity doesn’t always equate to higher quality. By self reflecting here and there I can see what I need to improve and what I need to keep consistent. In this class I now know that the traditional route of learning isn’t always the best. By traditional I mean the classic “going to class, taking notes, going home to study and taking exams based on the learning material.” Through this class I learned a different approach of learning, where new skills are taught in real time and we get to apply them immediately.

Since the first week or so I’ve been putting a lot of energy into my blog posts. I set the bar really high when I created the meme stocks blog posts. From that point, I made sure to expand my blood posts with m ore creativity and taking more time to curate my content. As this semester progresses I hope to be able to write entire blog post articles. Well, this concludes my reflection. Hopefully you didn’t fall asleep halfway through. Till next time, I’m OUT.