Discovering The Order…

In order to complete this assignment, I felt like I needed to be in the moment and get out of my head which is hard for me to do. I’ve always tried to complete my blog within the week before getting assigned a next one to prevent a buildup of assignments. And sure I could’ve just written down whatever but that wasn’t really sitting right with me-especially for this blog. Creativity is…immediacy is… intuition is… in what order do these things go? Has been my only thought for these past two weeks tormenting me in hopes of figuring out what to write until I came to the realization that I’m doing this all wrong. At this moment, I am alive. I am alive and doing things at my own pace. To me, being alive is taking the good with the bad and finding joy in the little things in life. Doing what you really want to do-big or small despite what others may say. Currently, I am on the living room couch with my tortilla blanket, AirPods in, phone faced down, full attention on my keyboard. I feel as if I am alive. Of course, everyone has their own interpretation of what it means to be alive but this is mine which I find myself following more recently. And at this moment, I feel as if I have cracked the “code” to this assignment which most definitely took more than three seconds. 

I’ve always thought of myself as a self-aware individual and been told so as well. I am aware of who I am as a person, my habits-both good and bad, my surroundings, the impacts of my decisions, what  I perceive this life to be, and so on. However, being self-aware does not equal being expressive. I always felt like I viewed the world in such a “shwifty” way but have always struggled in showing others what I mean. Sure there are the posts I share on Instagram or my Pinterest board but I never a way to just take the image out of my brain to show others. I believe the creative potential of my awareness is quite great if I do say so myself-if executed properly. As stated one sentence ago, I intervene in this awareness through my shares on Instagram and the construction of my never-ending Pinterest board. Although I am very fond of art, I am not the best drawer out there leaving me unable to show everyone what I see. 

Luckily, for me, in this day and age, I could be the absolute worst drawer alive and still be able to express myself through the power of my web browser. Unlike me,  the creative potential of my web browser is far greater than any potential I will ever bear and this assignment is my portal. At this moment, I would like to express how I feel and what I am seeing in my mind through the power of the rectangle…

Passion is defined as a strong and barely controllable emotion. So what is it that I am passionate about you may ask? Hmmmm…  I think I am passionate about the unknown and art which go hand in hand. I think it’s because with art, anything is possible and the same goes for the unknown. You never really know something until you know. I find the unknown and art to be two very beautiful aspects of life because they don’t really have a solid definition as to what they are and “to define is to limit”. Art comes in many different mediums so there is always something new to try out. Something I’ve always wanted to express and share with the world is my experiences and perspectives in life through my writing. My fear of putting my work out there is what is holding me back because I am my biggest critic so most times I feel as if my work is not up to par. Overall, I am inspired to write and create a “dimension” using the mmm. page to show others the little things in life that make me happy and how I view the world.

Wow. That did not go as expected. But not like in a bad way. For starters, I was unaware that we could only use a certain amount of blocks per page that being thirty on the main page and ten on the second. Although this did catch me off guard, it wasn’t something I minded because it was more of a challenge which I appreciate. My initial intention was to only create one page but I didn’t like how my main page was looking more like an intro page instead of what I really wanted to portray. That was where my second page came into play. And secondly, I made the mistake of not publishing my main page prior to starting the second so it got deleted. I was upset but not to the full extent because I did get a screenshot! 

Now let’s get to it… 

Creativity is the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of artistic work.

Immediacy is the quality of bringing one into direct and instant involvement with something, giving rise to a sense of urgency or excitement.

Intuition is the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning.

So in what order do these things go? Well, after working on both of my pages, I believe the order is intuition, creativity, and then immediacy. Now let me explain. I feel as if intuition comes first because that is your ability to understand something meaning the assignment given to you. After understanding the assignment, is where the brainstorming of ideas comes in which requires your imagination and original ideas that are creative. Lastly, after understanding and brainstorming for said assignment, it is now time to get involved which leaves one excited that being immediacy. 

4 thoughts on “Discovering The Order…”

1. This is an epic post!
    I love the storytelling / narrative that you guide us through!
    Great job on the mmm pages! Im so hooked on mmm – sooo much fun and so many uses, the first few pages one makes are really for contrast and getting our feet wet :)))
    Thank you so much for the creative formatting here too!

2. Wow I enjoyed everything about your post! I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into creating both your post and your websites. I absolutely loved the quote “To define is to limit”
    Awesome work! 😁