Domain Name? Check!

Alright so boom. Mama I made it. I successfully created my first website!

From scratch that is. The best part about it is that the entire process was completely free. Who doesn’t like free stuff?

The assignment of registering our domain name was actually more straight forward than I thought. The first process involved using a reclaim hosting site that allows me to register any available domain. This part however, I found most challenging. This is because some of the original domains I had in mind were unavailable. It got to a point where I even googled some of the available domains to see if the sites actually exist. Turns out some of the unavailable domains don’t have a site attached to them. They’re owned by another domain selling site, waiting to be bought. One of the domains that I originally had in mind, which was “thecapitalist.com” had a domain price of $2,300 On one domain selling site.

After about 10 minutes of tryin out different domains I settled on “wokecapitalists.com” which was available. FINALLY!

The process from here on out was very straightforward and I was surprised at how much customization word press offers. I cant want to learn how to take advantage of all the website customization tools offered. As each week passes I will be modifying my website and including new content. Here is a quick preview of my website.

1 thought on “Domain Name? Check!”

1. Hi John! Your website idea is really cool. I would never think about doing something regarding capitalism. I look forward to seeing what you come up with and where your website goes in relation to its overall theme. Great job!