Getting Signed Up and Signed Into the CT101 Website!

Getting Signed Up and Signed in to the CT101 Website & the CUNY Academic Commons.

Welcome Digital Storytellers!

Please follow along with me during our zoom class session to get signed up for both the CUNY Academic Commons and for this website, follow me and scroll down.. (or watch the video recording later – posted here after class)

Video Recording – the “Sign Up” Process – 

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/gAD2qGKZMaLI5QpQr_TGUhBBspsUgO3oMKuaWNB7NKTo8NJ-rm519FDBAjKQUGE1.bQ2l32MPyPbbmFjO

Video Passcode: *yF8wr+X

As we know, a big part of CT101 is the class the website. It is where you will begin your active role as an “Author” of our CT101 community and where you will be publishing all of your class work and assignments. You will also become a part of the CUNY Academic Commons Community (Im a big fan!)

**First things first, It is super important for you to have access to your York College E-mail Address, and to make sure it works! 

You will need to have access to it in order to sign up for our CT101 web site and the CUNY academic commons. If you need assistance with setting this up do not hesitate to contact the York College help desk at 718-262-5300 as needed or at helpdesk@york.cuny.edu

Lets Get Started!

We must follow the sign up steps in the order below (I will demonstrate the process in our Zoom class on 8/31 and record it to post here after class.)

Video Passcode: *yF8wr+X

*Remember, you must use your CUNY e-mail address for this only!

1. We will Sign Up for the CUNY Academic Commons Here – simply click the  “Register” button and fill in the form and complete the sign up! You will receive an e-mail that verifies your account. 

2. After you sign up for the CUNY Academic Commons, please Sign-Up for the CT101 website and use the SAME Username and e-mail address that used to sign up for the CUNY Academic Commons –  into this form <– this info will allow for me to send you a direct invite request from our class website to become an Author of the website. Please accept the invite when it arrives via e-mail. 

And then….

You will have access to “log in” and start blogging as a CT101 author. The log-in prompt is always located in the main navigation menu area of the website – depending on the device that you are viewing the site in, you will see it in upper right hand corner of the page via desktop or laptops, but mobile devices may see the log in prompt on the left side of the page, either way, click “Log In” and enter your Log In credentials. 

VIDEO Tutorial:: I will place the screen recording of this process from class on 8/31 here once our class is over.

**You cant start publishing content here on CT101 until you have completed the sign up process steps above.

More to come!

2 thoughts on “Getting Signed Up and Signed Into the CT101 Website!”

1. Hello everyone! I am Sajani. I transferred to York College this semester as a sophomore student. My major is Communications Technology. I realized I love studying communications. But the technology part is very new to me, I am a total beginner. I am very eager to learn. I am already too excited about my classes! Looking forward to learning amazing things from my classes. So far, everything seems great. I also love watching movies, listening to music. I also like writing. I love eating pastries. Staying fit and healthy is my everyday goal.
    Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my post. Take care, stay well and safe.