Meme Assignment #3

Where did memes come from?

This website I found had a bunch of popular memes and a description of where all the memes originated from and the lore of each meme. The website even provided examples of how each meme gets used.

My favorite memes:

Some of my favorite memes are the Pikachu shocked face because it’s literally how I act sometimes and Pikachu looks very adorable in the meme. As well as I like the SpongeBob meme where he’s getting up from his chair, I enjoy this meme because when things get too awkward or crazy I’ll be the first to want to head out.

Should memes be considered art?

I think memes should be considered art because its a way to express ourselves and at the same time make others laugh. I saw this site where everyone discussed why memes should be considered art; someone in the website said “Memes should be considered art because they convey meaning through the use of visual stimuli and they normally contain things that are universally relatable and human. Some art conveys sadness, some frustration, and some exists for the sake of existing, and I can find a meme to represent each of these concepts.” – Katherine Kaczmarski

Can memes be used for storytelling?

Memes can be used for storytelling because memes resource in visible storytelling since they’re essentially images and pictures are worth a thousand words; The viewer can see the meme and reflect on it and even use the same meme to tell their own story.

Are memes simply just forms of self-expression? Or are they more? well, why or why not?

I think memes are a way people can express themselves but it’s way more than that, we use memes as a way to communicate with each other and people even use memes to speak about serious topics and it becomes a discussion amongst everyone.

CT101 Memes:

6 thoughts on “Meme Assignment #3”

1. Good work!
    Ha! love the selection / creation of memes (classic pikachu!) new and old, transcending time and space!
    Great use of hyperlinking (context goes a long way) and screen-shot embedding for lay out variety and more context!
    Thank you!

1. Love this quote too!
      “Memes should be considered art because they convey meaning through the use of visual stimuli and they normally contain things that are universally relatable and human. Some art conveys sadness, some frustration, and some exists for the sake of existing, and I can find a meme to represent each of these concepts.”

2. awesome job.
    I like how iconic the first meme you have. I also used it to convey how memes can be an art form.
    I also like the pikachu suprised meme it reminds me to use it for the next blog post. 👍