Mid-Semester Re-Cap

CT 101 Re-Cap

1. How am I doing in CT101? What grade do I believe I am maintaining?                       

I honestly feel that I am doing pretty good in CT 101. At first I wasn’t sure I would understand what we were learning, but it turned out to be pretty easy. It can be a challenge at times, but a good one where I learn something I hadn’t known before. I believe that I am maintaining a good grade, I follow the instructions and turn the work in on time.

2. What have I learned the most? What is my greatest learned asset in this class so far? 

So far, I have mostly learned about the In’s and Out’s of graphic design. I never really saw myself as a graphic designer until I started CT 101. I’ve learned a lot about, blogging and citing sources, and just creating great art in general.

3. What skills have I developed , cultivated and displayed regularly in my posts?

I have definitely developed more on my writing and art skills. Well, creative/commentary writing really, especially with making the GIFs and Memes. I see that more often than not, my sense of writing like how I talk has improved a lot. (A Photoshop and Meme picture I created)

4. How do I assess my performance through self-reflection in this class?

Through self-reflection on my performance in this class, I’ve noticed that there are areas in which I could always improve. Whether it be, adding more pictures or hyperlinks. Each time I work on a new blog post, I improve.

5. What do I know now that I did not know before taking this class?

After being in the class for about 6 weeks now, I have a lot of things that I wasn’t aware of before. Like the DS106 application, that in particular is my favorite, it is a great tool to use to express yourself and create new and exciting content. (My DS106 Assignment Post Below)

The “Vogue Challenge”

6. Do I see my weekly blogging work expanding creatively? If so, please explain –  or am I stuck in a loop where my posts seem to look the same most of the time, how will I change that? 

I have definitely that my weekly blogging continues to improve. With each new assignment, I find myself expanding my graphic design palette. Making different types of are and experimenting with new tools and websites. Because of this class, I am currently working on some new ideas for the upcoming assignment, where we will create our own websites. It seemed like a lot of work before, but now I am more motivated than ever.

5 thoughts on “Mid-Semester Re-Cap”

1. Glad you mentioned that. I too thought it was (way) more difficult to put together some of the types of posts we’ve been doing. But then you get motivated when you see your narrative(s) coming to life. And it hypes you to take on the next thing you want to tackle. Very reflective indeed.