Mid-Semester Reflection ๐Ÿ˜‡

I will entertain, inspire, and engage you ๐Ÿ˜ณ

How am I doing in CT101?

That’s a great question.ย  Before this class, I was a little nervous if I’d be able to keep up because prior to this I had no background in the creative techy arts, but Prof. Seslow does an awesome job making this class easy to understand.ย  His process has allowed me to not only keep up but to relax enough to be my authentic self and show my personality in these creative assignments.ย  I’m no filmmaker yet, but I can make a mean meme and gif now…from where I started up to now, I think that has earned me a solid A. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

What grade do I believe I am maintaining?

I still have more to learn but I think I’m maintaining a solid A.ย  With each assignment I try to make it honestly, but also with a touch of humor, maybe thought provoking, but easy to digest…a balance.

What have I learned the most? What is my greatest learned asset in this class so far?

I think the thing I’ve learned the most is everything in this class, how to make a gif, a meme, how to arrange it on the blog with narrative so that it flows and it pleasing to the eye, to keep all the images uniform size.ย  There’s not one thing I’d say I’ve learned the most.ย  It’s all been equally beneficial.ย  Likewise, my greatest asset learned is the same, everything that I have learned that I can now use even after the class is over for personal or business purposes, which is pretty exciting. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

What skills have I developed , cultivated and displayed regularly in my posts?

I think the biggest skill I’ve developed that I’m still improving on is the art of telling a story in a blog using gifs and memes, but not to add so much content that you lose the reader, or too little that the message is not clear.ย  This process has helped me become a better storyteller overall I think.

How do I assess my performance through self-reflection in this class?

I think the best way to assess my own performance is to take an honest look at where I was when the class started, what I had no knowledge of prior to the class, then look at what I can do now, look back at my own assignments and see if they were clear and entertaining, thought provoking or both, and was I honest in my assignments overall in how I represented my ideas.ย  To me, honesty and projecting a story in a way that is entertaining or inspirational is the mark of progress in this kind of class.

Y’all listening? This man speaking facts! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

What do I know now that I did not know before taking this class?

Before taking this class, I had no idea how to make a gif.ย  I would always see cool gifs and react to them on facebook, but I had no knowledge of how to make them.ย  Now I do which is cool.ย  I knew how to make memes but by looking at other classmates’ memes I’m drawing inspiration how to make mine better.ย  So this class has been a great experience overall. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Do I see my weekly blogging work expanding creatively? If so, please explain โ€“ย  or am I stuck in a loop where my posts seem to look the same most of the time, how will I change that?

I think so far my blogging work might be ok because I’m still in the beginning stages learning to use my voice with narrative, gifs and memes in a blog given the weekly assignment.ย  There are a number of interests that I have that I would definitely like to express at some point when the opportunity presents itself in future blogs.ย  I think it’s just a matter of not continuing in the spirit of being authentic and honest but light hearted and fun.ย  Trying to find that balance while using creativity and my voice to tell stories. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You are getting sleepy! You are thinking my blogs are worth an A ๐Ÿ˜ณ

6 thoughts on “Mid-Semester Reflection ๐Ÿ˜‡”

1. Great work on this, and everything stated here is TRUE! Thank you for the kind words and for the consistent work each week as we grow forward together as individuals and as community here in CT101!
    Really love the creative flow of images, memes, gifs and the written word! Harmony!