Week #7 – Its Mid-Semester Assessment Time

Its Mid-Semester Assessment Time!

Wow, here we are at the midpoint of our CT101 semester! Time… goes by waaaaaay too fast.. Lets take a minute to reflect, lets take a minute to regroup, lets induce a class reflection and stretch it through out this week.

**Important Info – This assignment should be completed and published by our next class meeting time**

*Zoom Recording / Tutorial from class on 10/19:

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/sE4qRiSpJwZi_hBizpmzQH6DYKg7KRY4CPMPBB1nWQcOT6fA7Na_EiZnTGgv3pho.HvE-EIA-B2UYYJdd

Passcode: GGk3^mCg

Let us begin and ask ourselves the following questions, and reflect:

“How am I doing in CT101? What have I learned? What skills have I developed, cultivated and displayed regularly? How does the class format contribute to my weekly progress?

How do I measure my performance through self-reflection in this class?”

The measurement part is tangible and clear as we have been producing results over the last 6 weeks in the form of publishing our assignments through blogging, commenting on our classmates work, creating visual imagery and participating in our class zoom sessions.

Lets take stock on what we have accomplished and organize those tangible things into a new post – follow me below,

The CT 101 Course Schedule page is where everything is – this is the CT 101 HUB – this is the space where all the assignment criteria and learning details take form each week – (just in case you forgot) – this is also where you can recap and catch up on assignments. The CT101 homepage is where you can read and comment on your classmates work. The feed of posts is all chronologically ordered –  https://ct101.commons.gc.cuny.edu/

The Mid-Semester Assessment post is assignment #6 – let us move down to the assignment details. 

Assignment Details:

In a new blog post titled; “The Mid-Semester Assessment Post”:

Please assess and reflect upon your last 6.5 weeks here in CT 101. Please answer and address all of the following questions below, and also provide a list of hyperlinks back to all of your completed blog posts. This will help illustrate some of the questions below as you tell this compelling story here in the CT 101 blog space: (of course, the use of imagery is helpful and needed but please don’t default to using too many GIFs or memes to fill in the gaps, the emphasis should be on the balance of imagery and the written word.)

Questions to include and answer:

How am I doing in CT101?

What grade do I believe I am maintaining and what evidence shows my assessment?  (List each completed blog post as a hyperlink and also state what assignments you are missing)

What have I learned the most? What is my greatest learned asset in this class so far?

What new skills have I developed, cultivated and displayed regularly in my posts?

Aside from publishing my blog post assignments, how do I assess my participation, commenting, and discussion performance in this class?

What do I know now that I did not know before taking this class?

Do I see my weekly blogging work expanding creatively? If so, please explain how –  or am I stuck in a loop where my posts seem to look the same most of the time, how will I change that?

Have fun with this! Feel free to include relatedness in the form of links, images, video or Make Something New to express how you feel about this post!