Assignment 11: Peer Review & Sneak Peak

Assignment 11 – Part 2 & 3

So the first website that I explored was Nader’s and I was already introduced with an intriguing background picture of the oceans which I’m guessing is in Yemen due to the theme of the website being about Yemen’s history. Usually a history lesson would bore me, but the pictures is what kept my attention. There are so many places in Yemen that are fantastic to look at that it almost feels not real. If that’s really how Yemen looks, I would love to go travel there. Nader definitely peeked my interest in Yemen and I enjoyed learning that it’s one of the oldest centers of civilization. There is always gossip and rumors about how civilization started and all things of that nature, but I haven’t really cared enough to do my own research. However, things like finding out Yemen is apart of that old civilization and the unknown of what is there is very intriguing and interesting to me. I am a fan of conspiracy theories and Marvel movies after all. All this is doing is getting my creative brain flowing and thinking of ideas in my head. I really enjoyed his website as you can tell.

My reaction to Nader’s website
Nader’s home page
My favorite picture on Nader’s website

The next website I viewed was Alejandra’s and I like the way its formatted and easily navigational. The first thing I checked was her blogs and my favorite blog of hers is the Poetry on TikTok blog. I don’t even like TikTok, but I gave the blog a try and already that gif she used looked wonderful. I would be ecstatic if the future looked like that picture.

A great eye-catching Gif

The blog post itself is a wonderful read though. I genuinely enjoyed reading the poem she shared on her website about this woman who wants to be alone because that’s exactly how I feel most of the time, just without the added dilemmas of her parents. I also gravitated to the poem which is a surprise to me because normally I hate poems, but I guess things can change since I have made one on my own for one of the assignments. I then checked out the photos and although it was random pictures, I understood the reoccurring theme. The photos were all locations in New York and it was most likely her favorite photos. I also checked out her recommended music and J.Cole is who stood out to me mainly because I love his music and he’s wholesome in real life from what I hear.

I have added a new blog post to my website and it takes a more sadder approach, but brings awareness to an issue I found out through my own father who has a step daughter with a mental disability and she always gets taken home with a school bus, but there’s been a shortage of bus drivers making her extremely late and ruining his regular schedule. It was only right that I wrote a story about this an bring more awareness to the issue.

A sneak peak

I hope you enjoy!