Assignment 2-Gifs as communication!!

On the very first day of CT101, I have to admit, I was nervous! I was working with things I have never worked with before. Websites like Commons or GIPHY; It was all NEW to me. I had no idea what to expect since none of my friends have taken this class either. I was ready for the experience. I needed an elective class and after searching various elective classes, I chose this course. I saw this class was highly recommended on the York Cardinal App. After meeting the professor, on the first day, I was not as nervous as I was before class because I liked how he explained everything in a simple manner. I was still somewhat nervous…

BUT THEN… After hearing about the course and its content, I was like “hmm 🤔 this is actually an interesting and fun course.” I was going to be able to make and have my own website. The creative content was what SOLD it for me. Being able to upload gifs, videos, short clips, all made it exciting. I was able to express my feelings, as I am doing in this post, and have fun at the same time.

CT101 is very different from my other classes. I am currently taking nursing courses which are extremely difficult, for me at least, and require A LOT of work. In this course, I am able to be creative and work on my own time. However, this can be both good and bad. I have been focusing more on my other courses while I have been pushing back my assignments on this class. I know, we do not necessarily have a due date but it does make me feel bad. In no way am I saying I do not care for this class but I feel overwhelmed with my other courses. I am getting back on my work mode and catching up on all my assignments. So far, I am enjoying this class. I am learning how to work with various aspects of my laptop, rather than just using Youtube, writing papers, or being on blackboard.

If you ask me now, if I regret taking this class?… DUN DUN DUN, the answer is no. Am I ready to catch up on all my assignments, which I will? I SURE AM! I see a lot of potential with this class. As mentioned before, I am working with Gifs; I have my website; I can upload creative content. I have yet to try out so many other features. I still haven’t made my own GIF, but hopefully by the end of the course, I make multiple GIFS expressing who I am. I am excited to see everything I learn at the end of CT101!

2 thoughts on “Assignment 2-Gifs as communication!!”

1. You were not alone. I also felt nervous on my first day of class. And what was crazier was that I registered for this class based on a friend recommending who received a D grade for this. He did tell me that it was an easy class, but he never attended the course or did the work except for the first few weeks. But I can tell you that we made the right choices in selecting this class. Let get to work and continue producing productive work.