Assignment #4 – The Passion Blog

It all started with this picture that was taken around the late 2000’s. There’s many reasons why this picture is iconic but, everyone’s attention was focused on the footwear a young Kanye West was wearing. Although I didn’t know what they were at the time I knew i needed them.

Animated GIF

Unfortunately everyone else did too and so began my interest and eventual passion for style and fashion culture. Although cliche it really is a way to express your creativity and individuality. Along the way I found inspiration from such designers like Kim jones, Virgil Abloh and Wes Lang.

The way designers like these changed the idea of whats considered luxury fashion not only generated a lot of influence for the community but opened doors for young designers who can now professionally enter a space once thought impossible. It was in high school where I really went all in and started gathering pieces from different brands or just going to the stores to get a feel for what aesthetic and vibe a particular brand is going for.

Animated GIF

Of course my style changed over the years and developed with the help of my influences, I eventually learned a bit of sewing and starting working on SafeHaven my clothing line. Its become my pet project now that at first started  as my creative outlet.

Walking Into Ct101 Late Like GIF

2 thoughts on “Assignment #4 – The Passion Blog”

1. Excellent!
    I love Virgil Abloh, and am so saddened by his death, he was so young and amazing!!
    Nice use of embedded media here, thank you! We always always need to apply and use hyperlinks in each and every post – this is for further context for the reader – for example – share a link that gives more insight or info about Virgil Abloh since you mentioned him here.
    It would also be helpful to mention the name of the assignment in your post’s intro,
    Thank you!

2. I do love fashion myself aswell some brands I particularly like are Vivienne Westwood, Comme Des Garcon, Essentials, and Playboy. Personally I have never bought anything from Virgil Abloh but I do love his Off- White collection. Everytime I try to plan an outfit I always end up going with black even though I like to wear colors. I like how you included videos from fashion shows. It would have been cool if you were able to include a Gif or two from any of the brands you listed.