Assignment #3- To Meme, yes

Are memes ART?

Pin on Memes Created from Historical Pieces of Art

I mean, they literally have a museum, as I showed in my previous post. So they literally are, even by definition. “The expression … of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form … appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.”

ProFootballTalk on Twitter: "Panthers trade for a QB but may still draft one at 8, then they trade a QB to Broncos, who may still draft one at 9. And around and

At first I was skeptical about starting this assignment. Yes, is a dream come true, but doing this kind of activities belong to a community you are comfortable with. Unfortunately, It’s really hard to set limits and know which memes you post make an impact. I’m not a memer myself, but a lot of people tell me I should make them. Here’s my first try ever:

Buff Doge vs. Cheems Meme | Me in CT101; In MATH221 | image tagged in memes,buff doge vs cheems | made w/ Imgflip meme maker
Honestly, It’s so good to write an article doing memes. I just feel like everything I say, I could pair it with a good meme. I used imflip in order to make the meme above I recommend this page because it has a lot of templates to choose from.

If Ur an Art Major and Can't Name This Piece Drop Out | Dank Meme on ME.ME

I remember a part of my life that was reminded to me when I read the article by the verge about danks memes. It happened at my first year of college, I was mostly alone since I did not know anyone and all my friends went to a different college. I use to refuge myself in memes and watch them to forget about all of what was happening in my life. I watched so many memes that I got into a section called dank memes. The taste of memes becomes a different meaning to me. How a previous meme that I saw could be made to illustrate something different. A different emotion, those olds memes powered with intense music and loud colors. I’ll spend my nights watching compilations of them before going to sleep. That’s why I think they are art

In conclusion…
Ight Imma Head Out | Know Your Meme

3 thoughts on “Assignment #3- To Meme, yes”

1. Looking good here!
    Very funny memes, and good work on making your own. Make more! Ask yourself, what are the limits of a meme? How far can it be pushed? Look deeper into the context, for example, the first image is derived from renaissance Dutch painting. Its an important part of art history and the stylistic changes that were happening in the medium of painting. How many more memes are using art historical references and what metaphors lie with in the images? Hyperlinks hyperlinks, lets keep pushing!
    Good Work!