Assignment #5 – Digital Art & Creative Immediacy

Creativity is the ability to alter traditional rules, ideas, patterns, relationships, or any of the sort, and create new meaningful ideas, forms, methods etc. Can also be defined as originality, progressiveness, and imagination. You can find creativity in a lot of aspects in our lives such as (but certainly not limited to) music, art, memes, GIFs, etc.

Immediacy is a quality or feeling of being directly involved with something.  It takes place within the moment and is therefore important and requires attention immediately. An example of this is if you’re at a live performance for your favorite performer. There is an immediacy to watching live that you cannot get from just a recording alone.

Intuition is the ability to know something based on feelings rather than having all the facts. Everyone has experienced this one way or another throughout their lifetime. Many times this can be referred to as a “gut feeling”. Say you’re home and you have this strong feeling that a specific individual is gonna stop by and visit. This is one of the many examples of intuition.

Recently, I’ve been watching the entirety of the Star Wars films with my significant other. So I figured for my mmm.page I was going to make it star wars themed. At first I was a bit clumsy with all of the tools provided to me but after playing around with dragging and dropping images and pasting stickers I was able to figure it out. I have to say it was pretty cool to see all of it come together. This website is definitely an amazing tool to utilize whenever you feel as if you need a creative outlet.